El Diablo Truckmounts

Tom Mock

I think I'm finally going to make the plunge into the world of truckmount cleaning. (by finally I mean I did already put down a deposit)

I have found a used (only 500hrs) El Diablo with the kerosene heater. It should be installed in the truck sometime next week, along with a 100gal freshwater tank.

Are there any users of this machine out there? I have not heard very much about them on the boards. But the feedback from individuals has been positive, the ones that have demoed them.

The next purchases I am contemplating are a Greenhorn glided wand, some good hoses, and an Airpath. What else would you guys recommend? I do have a 17" rotary already.

I'm looking forward to enjoying cleaning with great power and heat for a change. My old partner is buying the portable.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Tom if you are coming into Omaha give me a call and we'll do lunch.

Mikey P

Administrator
Sounds like your all set to go out and kick some major ass.

Dont forget a PC uph tool, a Horse hair brush, a carpet rake and a carpet brush, some thick cotton pads for the 175, a Multi Sprayer, an Upright vacuum or two, some Vac a Way spotters, some 3% and 9% Peroxide, some Non Sudzing Ammonia, Fels Naptha, some sort of Gel based GU remover and some blocks and tabs....

Don't for get a Thomas Bros map too.....

FastEddie

I have been looking at the Diablo for awhile. This machine is simple, and built for performance. I've talked with a few owners and so far so good.
Good call.

What did you pick it up for?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Tom, The El D is a fairly recent production TM.

Not enough of them in service to accurately gage their longevity and reliability yet.

You can't judge that from just a demo.

You should of heard the great reviews the Steamway 9100 got when it first came out.
It was/is a POS and is no longer made.
I feel bad for the guys who bought one, going on the feed back of discussion board gUrus who never owned one

The El D may very well be a good TM, just too soon to know for sure is all I'm saying.

at any rate, congrats on your decision to upgrade to a TM.
You'll walk taller, have more confidence, and your biz will benefit from the efficiency that TMs have over portys

..L.T.A.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Check out the longevity of that motor and also the vibration it makes.
Does it shake the solution jug?

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I've been thinking about one of these machines as well. I do though, remember the vibration at Winterfest last year. It was pretty significant. I may need to re-think this.

Greenie

I do believe they re-engineered the frame, using box steel now instead of angle iron. The one I saw on demo was running pretty smooth.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom