Electric Clutch Adjustment?

Dale

Name
Dale Collins
Hi Guys:

We need some help from you mechanical guys. We are building a larger diameter shaft for a Butler, so that it can be driven by a huge electric clutch. Were ready to assemble it, but we can't seem to get one question answered.

Does anyone know the clearance that the magnet must have from the pulley when it is running free (not engaged)? I'm sure it's just 1000's but not sure how many.

Thx,
Dale

Matt King

He's talking about the magnet to face gap Bob.... The SG shaft you have (and I make) are predetermined for the clutch mounting so that gap comes out about perfect. Some shafts are adjustable in that the inner shaft slides back or forth and then you lock it into place once the proper face gap is determined. Bob's masking tape recommendation is perfect for ensuring the outer magnet housing doesn't rub on the inner radius of the clutch housing. I already posted my findings on ics... Shawn seems to be right in the middle so it should be good too...

G

OK..so i had a senior moment...EXCUUUUUUUUSE me!

you make a shaft?......talk to me!

Matt King

LOL... Yes I make driveshafts. How do ya think the machines run? I'd sell you some but in all honesty they wouldn't be cost effective for what you need. They're also a slightly larger O.D. The new shaft is a solid,balanced 1.5" 4 double row ball bearing shaft with a quick change bearing set up. It's not cheap to build..

G

Matt King said:
LOL... Yes I make driveshafts. How do ya think the machines run? I'd sell you some but in all honesty they wouldn't be cost effective for what you need. They're also a slightly larger O.D. The new shaft is a solid,balanced 1.5" 4 double row ball bearing shaft with a quick change bearing set up. It's not cheap to build..

SO TALK TO ME!!!

I need a driveshaft real quick here.....i got ONE left!

Dale

Name
Dale Collins
Thanks guys:

I am very grateful.

It sounds like between 3/32 and 1/8" then would be perfect.

Matt: it sounds like you really build a stout shaft. How many ft lbs does the clutch have?

Thx,
Dale

Matt King

175 ft.lb clutch. I tried a few different shaft designs and really felt this was the best for the application and set up. Over 700 hours on this new drivetrain so far and zero issues.. Smooth and powerful as could be. You'll like your upgrade!

Greenie

Ya know, every so often someone comes along with the philosophies, only the best will do, and we do it right regardless of cost, Matt is one of those guys, you just know you can take his stuff to the bank.

Keep your eye on the New SteamGeni.

G

I hope Matt nailed the name "Steam Genie" down...cuz i heerd otherwise!

Matt King

You know, without the label, the new pto 'looks' like a Steam Genie. I laid it out the same way because I always liked it in the first place. When everyone else jumped ship to move their blowers/pumps to in between the seats with the tank behind it I still preferred "Old School". I think it's easier to work on. Other than that, There's not a single part that would fit from an old unit to the new. The entire machine,drive train and wastetank have been re designed to how I thought it should be. Some may like it, some may not.. That's cool. I would have gladly called it something else if I thought there would be an issue but you know what? The company has been closed for years. The trademark was Dead. If I wasn't gonna bring the machine back then who? I said several years ago that someone should do it... and nobody did. So one day I decided I would do it and do it right. The Steam Genie name on it in my mind pays tribute to the old machine and the company to which I was fiercely Loyal for many years.... I was truly heartbroken when I got the call that they decided to close their doors forever. Everyone here knows I still support the Genicare line of chemicals. So if anyone other than Mark has a problem with me calling the unit the Steam Genie, I guess that's their problem. Bob, you heard wrong. And thanks Greenie for the kind words! :)

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Bawb is confused.

I had told Bawb that I had steamgenie.com in a post, and he thought that if that was the case, then you for some reason must have no claim to the name. Thus not realizing that one has little to do with the other.

Bawb... so that you know, Matt uses steam-genie.com for the marketing of his equipment.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom