EMP and MB22 residue...what the heck is it?

Mikey P

Administrator
Cameron and Rob

What the heck is in the recipe on these two polishes that leaves that is So Damn Hard To Rinse Off Residue?

Is there some sort of cleaner or method that gets it off easier than a neutral cleaner and a flat mop?

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
If you are using Diamond Renew, rinse and then spray/neutralize with any alkaline, brush the groutlines

frresh1

Name
Doug
I have found that ammonia and water in a spray bottle does the trick....spray then buff with a hogs hair or white pad

Reactions: Mikey P

srosen

Name
stuart rosen
Mikey,
For MB-22 not familiar with EMP -but probably work with that as well
Try using a clean hogs hair pad and a spray bottle( just water) .
Work the residue with your hogs hair paid using mists of water-work the residue wet to dry. The hogs hair will pick up and hold the residue. The water will activate the 22. You will actually, if done properly get some extra pop to the surface. Work the surface wall to wall so you can manage the residue on the edges as well. We then use a neutral cleaner and a flat microfiber mop to clean any leftover residues. At that point we are generally ready for sealing or using another finishing product.
Let me know if that helps

Reactions: frresh1 and Mikey P

srosen

Name
stuart rosen
Oh yeah-just had another thought-As you gain experience and mileage you will find your cleanups will become easier. Most likely you will manage using your compounds better and find yourself in most cases using less product on jobs with even better results.

Reactions: frresh1 and Mikey P

Mrice

Name
Mat
Mikey, I hear you man, I've had some cleanups that were a bear! Following.

Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom