engine oil-Synthetic oil

G

can some one give me thier thought on how many hours to go with synthetic oil on my truck mount. in the manual with regular oil its 50 hours then just change just the oil, then after the next 50 hours change the oil and filter any one have an idea how much more to go. thanks

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
You should be able to double the change intervals to 100 hours with the synthetic oil. When I use synthetic oil in my Chevy Express with the D/D unit I just wait for the change oil light to come on which takes about two months. When I run regular oil I change it in one month.

Torn

Name
Chris Thomas
They say that you can run it twice as long but I ususally cut that in half so instead of every 50 hours with regular oil I do about 75. That way if I run it over a few hours it's no big deal.

It's the best thing to use in any motor you want to last.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
You would have no problem doubling the hours to 100 on synthetic oil.
I think the manufacturers stated hours for oil changes are based on lawnmowers being operated an hour or two every weekend not based on the amount of hours we use them running sometimes constant for long periods of time which is much better for the oil.

My Kohlers state 150 hours on synthetic oil and a oil filter every 300 hours but I change my filter every time I change the oil. Most engines have a certain amount of dirty oil in the filter that you cannot drain out. The new Kohler top mounted oil filter drains out 100% upon shutdown so there is no dirty oil left in the filter to speak of but I still change the filter every time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom