EZ truckmounts

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Always hear they get great heat but can't seem to find actual numbers.

Reliability, hopefully answers will be unshilled :lol:

What don't you like about it?

Personally my Maxx450 wannabe is very good to me. With the exceptions of a major dumb ass move on my part, it has run very well. The thought of having a tm that breaks down scares the shi# out of me.

Gracias,
Albert

G

Am getting 210-220 temp with my EZ. cranked up but can run at cooler temps. 300 500 1000 psi and plenty of vac, only thing left is the chems.

G

model 2545, 25 hp kohler 45 root blower and A&R pump.
When I was shopping for A TM A operator owner in Tampa told me to call Nick the rest is history.

JohnnyV

Yep,I've had my EZ for 5 years...I Have the first 2547 he built. It's been a real workhorse. Great heat, I never worried about numbers...Heat/Vac.Both are great. Direct Coupled Blowers,1 belt for the pump....not a bunch of un-needed sensors.

JohnnyV

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
How loud is it?. Would you buy another?.

Anyone in the San Jose area have one that would'nt mind me tagging along for a cleaning?.

Albert

G

Nope. He is too busy building machines to have time or use of one of those Eddie.

G

If you set the wand down for a few minutes with the engine revved up will the machine overheat?

Will it really hold the heat at 1000 psi cleaning tile and grout?

I've never had an EZ, but i did have another "simple" truckmount. It overheated all the time and would not hold heat. I only bring these things up so someone else asks the right questions before buying.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
Good point Kirk. If a machine overheated because you set the wand down too long, well, that would be a deal breaker. Seems crazy that there are machines out there like that.

G

Other things are simple but some type of temp. control other than the throttle? Instrument guages that can be read or even exist?

Things like this will drive you crazy.

Jay D

Name
Jay D
Not fuel oil or propane heat but good or Great heat. He has a standard heat exhanger and a hi-heat exchanger.
How Hot? depends how much flow, how much vac strokes etc. Some with high heat have commented its too much.

I have a ez2747 thats 3.5 years old and the standard heat exchanger has improved since I bought mine. with 2- 03jets it will clean with a single pass and vac strokes at 180-190degrees approx.
Good machine for someone that wants something simple and easy to fix if anything ever does need fixin.

I also assembled a ez1636 from parts collected here and there and from nick. Again simple enough that I can build one. Would I buy another one? Yes I would. Were else can you get a machine with a 47 blower for about 10,000 or 11,000. Its not a blueline or prochem but is a great simple unit.
The heat is controlled by a dema valve and also comes with a heat bypass on the wand. Set the wand down open the bypass. Simple. NOT for everyone. Just right for me.

Oh you can get a EZ3047 aircooled now instead of the 27hp. He also makes a Ascencion 3256 with a 32hp kubota watercooled 3 cyl and 56 blower. The size difference between the 47 and the 56 like between a 33 and a 47.. Huge difference. I would buy the 3256 if I wanted a machine to dual wand. Anyway His website is www.nickseztruckmounts.com :wink:

Mister Sir

JohnnyV

You can't comment on what you don't know Curt. Ok, so the POS that you operated before, gave you trouble. Alot of guys out there using EZ's that are Perfectly happy with what they're running. The ones that are having all the problems with their machines are the ones with all the controls that are supposedly automatic...PHHHhhttt. His machines have Pressure,Vacuum, Tachomers, hour meters...A Temp gauge at the machine is not going to tell you anything? Your ATW is all gonna be variable with Ambient,jet size...hose run... Most TM manufacturer's have the most trouble with HX machines because of Diverter valves carboning up or actuators overheating. They're not for everyone...If you've got an extra 10 grand or more to spend on appearance and want to put up with waiting to be repaired....so be it. I'll take my EZ.

JohnnyV

G

Johnny, I think you may have mis-read (or I mis-typed) what I was trying to say. I wasn't talking about the EZ machines. I was making an observation from my experience. I certainly did not say anything negative about Nick or his machines.

Most people wouldn't think the machine I had was a POS. But, I'll point out things to people in the market for a new machine. I sure wish someone would've helped me out when I was asking questions. I think what I said are very valid questions when purchasing any machine.

Again, I wasn't slamming your (or the EZ) machines. So please don't take it that way. Just trying to help the guy! If asking if the TM will overheat when left sitting for a few minutes is a bad question to ask then I apologize.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I appreciate Curt's heads up about how a machine will handle excessive heat. You guys that own one, do you get alot of rinse going into your wastetank?.

Albert

JohnnyV

My Apologies Curt...I guess I sort of take things too seriously in regards to my personal TM....lol. At times I feel that people are attacking my judgement because I bought one. I know that's my problem to deal with. It's a shame he doesn't have alot more information available to those who are inquiring. I've used mine for a little over 5 years and I love it. I'm a former Lincoln-Mercury/Ford technician for 25 years and I can appreciate the simplicity of it. I guess thats why sometimes I just want to take people who are out for the "Flash" of the prettier machines and tell them to wake up before they make a big mistake.

JohnnyV....

G

:D No problem John! In fact about 3 years ago I had an old machine that the blower blew up on. I posted it on ICS and that same day Nick called me to help with finding a replacement. It ended up being a warranty issue and I didn't need Nick's help but to this day I've always appreciated his offer!

Reactions: Cleanworks

steve g

Name
steve garrett
remember when buying a used machine always call the manufacturer to see if it was one of their good ones or not :lol:

JohnnyV

Well Steve, Different type of Dema Valve...Temp sensor in the output side of the heat exchanger...if the heat builds up too high, it sends a signal to the valve and it by-passes To either the Fresh water or Waste Tank...There is a temp Knop to set the high limit. A properly functioning Exhaust by-pass is a better way in my opinion, but they just are not reliable. There are troubles with the By-pass valve also...I took mine off..I'd rather just open a by-pass on the wand. I need a temp gauge/lie detector...my machine is smoking hot. I'm now using .100 total flow with my new wand and its Still got the Pepper...

All things Mechanical break down.....Like my daddy used to say"If it's got Tits or Tires, you're going to have trouble with it eventually"

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Marko, Jay, Johnny, how loud is the machine. I'll have to call Nick up and see if there's anyone around with one.

thanks for all the info everyone,
Albert

JohnnyV

They're loud...The Kubota I helped him install was pretty quiet but the guy had his own Propane heat so the engine has a muffler on it. My machine is reall not all that loud. I don't like standing by it when its running 3200 rpm's tho.

G

Nick is delivering one near Needles, Ca. if anyone want to see a demo. Supposed to be leaving around Friday I think.

Anyone here near I-40 between Dallas/Ft.Worth and Needles,Ca.?

I bought one about 8 years ago for my first backup: 25/45

Good:

Price I think I paid like 7-8 grand cnat remember exact wtih reel ,hoses etc.

Easy to work on very easy to get to parts from local store

vac was great heat was ok

Loved the simplicty and not having all those stupid sensors and checks..

Bad

The relief valve for waste tank was POS

borderline loud

Coupler engine blower broke 3 times endend up doing it direct.

Frame was very cheap it served its purpose and it was on one first designs very large frame not compact like his new one.

I used it for about 6 years and I ended up scrapping it and selling the blower engine etc.

Overall for the money back then I was happy and I understand he has fixed the things I didnt like. Mad alot of money with it though and no monthly payment.

Would I buy another one ? Depends, I would have to see the improvements first hand.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom