FaceBook is not MikeysBoard

Mikey P

Administrator
Even though there are the hidden groups where grown men behave like 15 year olds, people personal FB pages are NOT a place where you make crass or critical comments in regards to one's business or any postings for that matter.

I suppose it's my own fault for letting carpet cleaners on my personal pages.

I will be fixing that shortly.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I've been fortunate that I've only had to block one cleaner from my personal FB page. It wasn't anything really terrible, but I think he thought we were friends and that he could post things that my some of my friends and family found offensive.

I warned him, but he just couldn't help himself I guess.

Perhaps this would be a good venue to discuss some common courtesies when it comes to what is posted, and where.

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
Some people just don't get it!

Thankfully, nothing like that has happened to me, Mike.

Not that someone couldn't post to my page, but I'm set up so that is someone tags me in a post, it won't go to my wall unless I approve the post. Then I can weed out things I don't want to show up there and have certain people see.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Not that someone couldn't post to my page, but I'm set up so that is someone tags me in a post, it won't go to my wall unless I approve the post. Then I can weed out things I don't want to show up there and have certain people see.

Great suggestion, I just made those changes.

Reactions: PrimaDonna

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
IMG_0026.JPG

I'll comment, since I provoked the thread: Seeing this nice picture on his FB page, I remarked that it looks like Mike broke wind in the van again.

I post and respond in the same way I speak in person; usually directly, sometimes obliquely (that means 'kinda sideways', Marty) avoiding profanity or serious insult unless called for and often, sadly, a bit inappropriately for the social setting. But knowing that, I am very discrete when speaking to customers.

So to me, the notion that Mike farts rainbows upwind is funny. Very funny. Very, very funny.

But I didn't stop to consider that he's working hard to build an image locally, so my sense of humor might not be what helps Carson Valley see Connoisseur in a good light.

For similar reasons I divorced my personal FB page from my business page, not wanting a stranger to mistake something I post (that they don't like) with the service they'd get from me. It boils down to a certainty that in their home, respect should be the guiding principle.

In cyberspace it can be easy to forget that.

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
It's happened to me in groups and on pages, but never on my personal page.

If it did I'd block the person. As far as people doing it on pages.....Their behavior speaks for themselves. If they want to go on the attack, so be it. How you respond or don't to them says it all. Keep it clean, stick to the facts and be polite even if they aren't. That can be very hard for certain personality types to do. If you can't keep yourself composed when people do this, then don't start responding. I've seen some crazy threads where two people disagree and it goes from a disagreement over a Pre spray or tool to personal attacks, name calling and threats. It's crazy to me....but I guess with two personalities like that it gets out of hand quickly.

Reactions: Old Coastie

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
Great suggestion, I just made those changes.

It came stop people from posting fun or inappropriate comments on a post, but you can keep things you tagged in from showing up. I believe you can even keep someone from posting directly to your wall until you approve it (even if it's not a tagged post). Only way to keep them from commenting is to block them.

I also have my settings so that only people I'm friends with can see things on my wall/page. So no one should be able to see more than photos on my wall if they aren't friends with me.

You can go to the settings ans type in a persons name at it will show you why they would see if they looked at your page. There a few options so they can see all, some or very little beard on what you want them to have access too. You can also select your audience when you make a post and keep certain people from seeing it.

Mikey P

Administrator
Some people just don't get it!

Thankfully, nothing like that has happened to me, Mike.

How do you do that?

Reactions: Shorty
Name
Lee Stockwell
I keep my instagram account generally for close local friends, and family pix. Not business, although one or two MB people are there.

I can only imagine the potential...

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
I'll comment, since I provoked the thread: Seeing this nice picture on his FB page, I remarked that it looks like Mike broke wind in the van again.
LOL! That is funny except I understand not wanting it on a business page. My personal page use to be just a place I kept track of my kids but now they text me mostly...or call. The more friend requests you accept the more strange FB becomes. People post very self destructive things there and very personal as well. Mostly hate FB. That would have been a pretty good thread here on MB but people I know have been rafted for less :(

Name
Nate W.
Sorry don't know how to do face book . I like real face to face talk just to old for the other; just turned 75 the other day and next week 36 yrs at carpet cleaning , life is GREAT. jz.

I'd feel bad making a 75yo clean my carpets... :eekk:

Shidddd, Bawb Vawter isn't even that old and he uses the wand as a tripod to stand up...:stir:

Mikey P

Administrator
LOL! That is funny except I understand not wanting it on a business page. My personal page use to be just a place I kept track of my kids but now they text me mostly...or call. The more friend requests you accept the more strange FB becomes. People post very self destructive things there and very personal as well. Mostly hate FB. That would have been a pretty good thread here on MB but people I know have been rafted for less :(

What would have been a good thread?

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
Lots of things that can be done using photoshop.

Attachments

• mikesvan.jpg
    mikesvan.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 140
Reactions: Mikey P

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
I miss that view. Moms house on the CV Golf Course had a huge tree blow down on it today. Seen a bunch of old friends pics with trees all over the place.

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
I saw this pic on one of the girls Facebooks that lives down there..

house des.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom