Fast Food Restaurant Tile Cleaning

Virginia

Hi everyone,
I landed my first commercial tile cleaning job and its filthy greasy! I've heard good things about Oxy-blaster and Shorebest 2790, I'm thinking of trying one of them. Does anyone have any opinions/tips on this kind of job?

Thank you,
Virginia

Name
BradFenstermaker
Go to lowe's and grab a gal of redmax floor stripper. Also a gal of purple power degreaser. Need something to scrub with also.

Cut the cleaner like 1qt cleaner to 4qts water. You may can cut it down even further if you play with it. Only use this high alkaline if your able to really rinse it.

S

shellybrown

According to me you should using a high powered safeguard or steam cleaner to remove the first level of dirt or if you are effort to remove a large stain or to clean the grout in hard- to reach corners, you will require cleaning products like crushed oxygen bleach, a basic all purpose cleaner and a scour brush. If you want to clean the kitchen area, be sure to have to use only non-toxic cleaning products.

jessicasmith

yes i think it can, using shore best 2790 concrete cleaner on tile and grout is best stuff i have ever used on dirty tile and grout.. Some times you will you need to have grout brush for removing spots, I had to use a grout brush on less then 1 percent of my tile jobs when using 2790.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
jessicasmith said:
yes i think it can, using shore best 2790 concrete cleaner on tile and grout is best stuff i have ever used on dirty tile and grout.. Some times you will you need to have grout brush for removing spots, I had to use a grout brush on less then 1 percent of my tile jobs when using 2790.
That's weird. Your original post states that you are asking for advice for your first commercial T/G job and now and in this post you sound like you have lot's of experience and are even giving advice on your original question. If you want to promote a product just be upfront. We would all appreciate that. You can't get away with that sneaky plug on this board without getting caught. You have just made yourself and the product you are trying to sell look bad. How many of you are their?

Harper nailed you gals coming out of the gate.

T

TomKing

We use the matrix Grout devil as our regular product with a spinner set at 800 psi. We run a 4.8 hydramaster. we have no problem cutting the grease. My night crews do tile all the time and we get no call backs.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
Save yourself the money of a designer tile and grout cleaner. Go to the hardware store and get some purple power and mop it down heavy with some dwell time before extracting. I bet my mothers retirement that it does just as good as anything out there in an environment like that. Just make sure to freshwater mop when you are done.

PCCN

Not sure what kind of tile you are dealing with , but we do fast food stores 7 nights a week. We started out with all the name brand products like Viper Venom, etc. Way too expensive to use regularly since most all restaurants are on such tight budgets as well. We use Grease Eraser, let it dwell for 10-15 minutes and clean with spinner. Only on rare occasions do we have to bring out the hydrofluoric acid for rediculously filthy tile where the customer wants it to look brand new and immediately. (Can't use it on glazed tiles though).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom