Filming Today...Video now posted.

Scott

Brian - that was extremely impressive. Well done. You covered many customer hot buttons and the vid. testimonial with customer/kids was the coup d' grace.

One minor minor point if you're going to do another one. You stated "we don't leave any toxicity behind", which could be heard, "we put toxic stuff down, but we take it all out when we clean". Very minor and please know I'm certainly not criticizing the rest of the excellent video.

It's definitely one of the best I've seen.

jerry ACC

Name
Jerry Lightcap
Awesome Brian,
You guys look way to professional to be carpet cleaning bums like most of us.
Just the right length, and no bragging about your dominant machine and equip.
Perfect !

Terry

Supportive Member
Name
Terry O'Brien
Brian - great video touching on the emotional dynamics of getting customers (women mainly) to call you.

a few small items
The bluetooth gives the impression of I'm ready to be distracted from caring for your home at any moment.
I've navy blue shirts like your guys but dress it up with Tan/biege pants especially for the shoot.
The spray was going on to the area rug under the table and don't think it was intended (only a carpet cleaner would notice)

A brilliant job thats going to bring you dollars down the road.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Yes, I think I could have been better prepared.
I actully bought those pollo shirts the day before the shoot.

I was more worried about my appearance and the property.

All in all I think the techs looked really friendly and that is really important to the emotional side of the vid.

That was really the reason I wanted them on film, they have always impressed me with their "Friendliness" for lack of a better term.

Both have always gotten compliments on their work and "how nice" they were.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Hey Brian, How many years have you been in biz? When was the point when you started hiring?

Thanks
Keith

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Able 1 said:
Hey Brian, How many years have you been in biz? When was the point when you started hiring?

Thanks
Keith

I had employees way back when I owned a Chem-Try.
I am doing things a bit differently now.

I don't think anyone is ever "ready" to hire employees....you just have to do it when you think you can.
It's a risk that makes you work harder to get work.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Excellent video!
The only things that are pointed out are things that the average client would never even think to look for and that we, as professionals ourselves, pick up on.
For me, I noticed the lack of tabs under furniture legs or sliders.
Also the kid running around while your tech was cleaning. We just had a post about a dog getting stuck in the hose.

It will portray an excellent feel about your busn.
Do you always arrive in a suit? ANd does your partner come to play with the kids on jobs?

Ron Werner said:
Excellent video!
The only things that are pointed out are things that the average client would never even think to look for and that we, as professionals ourselves, pick up on.
Also the kid running around while your tech was cleaning. We just had a post about a dog getting stuck in the hose.

Do you always arrive in a suit? ANd does your partner come to play with the kids on jobs?

Thats why you never ask a CCer what they think........ Always ask women as they are the target audience.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ron Werner said:
Excellent video!

We have sticky tabs under the furniture...
Yea, the kid thing was of course to ad the "Family" aspect...
I was the one holding the hose when they started the truck so he wouldn't get sucked into it....of course that didn't make it on camera.
Thanks for the help Ron.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ron Werner said:
Excellent video!
Do you always arrive in a suit? And does your partner come to play with the kids on jobs?

Jenifer and I do A lot of Estimates together and some commercial cold calling...
Commercial...yes, we always suit up.
Residential Estimates usually work out that we are suited up but we don't nec make it a point to do so.
These days it seems like most days I have a suit on anyway.
Sometimes I will take off the jacket.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Looks great Brian. If this is going in your yellowpages ad you'll probably be one of the few. Should get you more business.

Albert

DevilDog

God this frustrates me! First of all an excellent video and touches on many of the things WOMEN look for when hiring a cleaner.

The uniform issue is soooooooooooooooooooooooooo minor. People do NOT hire you because of a stupid ass uniform! My God, when will people wake up?

That does not mean that a uniform isn't a good idea....but there are many things so much more important.

The video hit on things like safe cleaning agents, friendly trustworthy techs, and doing a good job.

Do you really think THAT women knows the size of the blower, what PSI they were cleaning at, and whether they are running four to the door? It is NOT about any of that!

I did a job the other day with a friend....I have just got back into cleaning and presently do NOT have a uniform. I mentioned this a bit to the client (for other reasons also) and the FIRST thing he said was he did not care and the wife did not care either. This was a fairly high end residential client and a pretty good paying residential job.

That does not mean you should go into a home stinky (know of a guys that does this all the time), with jeans or slacks all torn up, and your shirt wearing todays breakfast or lunch.

PEOPLE care about how you treat them, how you act in the home, about the quality of the work you do, and whether they think they got value.

One thing that I don't like is that after watching that video I cannot remember the name of the company! I guess if it is just going to be on the website that is ok, and I guess graphics with name can be added later if it will be a commercial somewhere else.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Brian Robison said:
[quote="Ron Werner":1lgpqxct]Excellent video!
Do you always arrive in a suit? And does your partner come to play with the kids on jobs?

Jenifer and I do A lot of Estimates together and some commercial cold calling...
Commercial...yes, we always suit up.
Residential Estimates usually work out that we are suited up but we don't nec make it a point to do so.
These days it seems like most days I have a suit on anyway.
Sometimes I will take off the jacket.[/quote:1lgpqxct]

That must make quite the impression on the potential client having the two of you show up in business attire.

AS far as uniforms go, in your video it won't make a big difference; since you two are doing the quotes and are dressed well as long as the tech is clean looking the uniform isn't major.

However, having a uniform does send a message. When the truck arrives its lettered, the
client knows who has just drove into her driveway. WHen she opens the door and sees the tech, seeing the company name, seeing his/her name on the shirt sends a message of safety for her.
Its just one more little thing that tweaks the busn.

Is a uniform essential, no.
DOes it help, yes.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Todd, Thanks...That's what I was thinking when I made the vid.
I can edit to put in the big "Call now" or phone numbers and all that but it will be on the website so that's not what I was going for this time.

Although...I have always spoke of image and a uniform is part of that.
It doesn't have to be spectacular, just a clean image you can work int...no suit and tie while actually cleaning the carpets obviously.

Shoes get tore up and all that but I am sure I could have been better prepared but this is my first video.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Great Job Brian,

Video came out great for being your first.

JDeShon

Who made the video for you. Ive been thinking of making a comercial for TV. I would like to have someone I know will do a good job.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I think the video is far better than what I would have put together.
Since the uniforms has become a topic it doesn't standout in the video that they aren't in uniforms.

What Todd said about uniforms is absolutely ridiculous. Uniforms are needed for a professional. Going out and cleaning with a friend not in uniform is insulting to a professional so that shows you where you and your friend stand. I don't care if you go to staples and make your iron-ons for t-shirts or what I did before my first cleaning job was to buy red polos and iron on logos and they looked great with my khakis. There is no reason not to have at minimum a logo'd shirt.

Todd couldn't hack it in american ran to another country couldn't hack it there and is back becoming the HACK he knew he was before he left

DevilDog

It would be so easy to respond with hostility to this idiot...but it would do no good. He is clueless. That is about all I can say.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
hack

Did you find your cheap used equipment yet?

Chicken Ranching didn't workout so you will run around in a pair jeans and a dirty concert t-shirt with some crappy cheap ass used equipment and hack up some carpet. Your a real professional

Hack :lol:

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
i like it guy looks very good for first time.I have to do something like this soon.
Good job.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom