Finally new tires

G

I have 39,529 miles on my AT. I had all new tires put on today. I was going to wait until just before winter but the passanger front tire had a bad spot. I figured I had enough miles on them and decided to just do all at once. I am done for another 2 years. It cost $911.00

Dave

T

The Magician

Dave where did you buy your new tires and what brand. I saved over $100 on 2 tires at Sam's Club over all bids.

Rex Tyus

I saved over $100 on 2 tires at Sam's Club over all bids.

Yea but who do you get to align your front end? Around here Sam's is rarely any cheaper after all the addons and they can barely mount the tires on the rims. A tire is no place to cut cost or service in my opinion.

Full disclosure: I hate Sam's Club. Take that into consideration when reading my opinion.

G

Bryan,

This is the first time I rotated them. I had them rotated off the rims and new tires rotated on. I am actually happy with the mileage.

Jimmy,

I bought the tires from Custom tire. They are a family business that I like to do business with. I like to buy from people I like and I realize I could have paid less somewhere else but still chose this company. I wouldn't want my customers to just look for the cheapest carpet cleaner.

Dave

danpauselius

I bought 2 new tires for my E350 a few months ago. When all was said and done, it cost almost $500. My rear is still bleeding from that one.

G

Dan,

That sounds a bit high for truck tires. That sounds more like Corvette tires.

Dave

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
The tires on the UD are different on the front then the back, so you can only rotate side to side and not front to back.

I only got about 22,000 miles out of the front tires on my UD. They had life on them but I like to change my tires early. The stock tires are not that good. You will get more miles out of the new ones.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
the front tires on mine were replaced buy the guy who I bought it from in MN.something happened and he ended up replacing them for what ever reason...................I drove it all the way to Tucson on the original tires it came with.. on the rear and they were fine.........that would of been 48000 when it got here...............

At 56000 I replaced the 4 on the rear...........10 ply .cost a little over 1000

I liked them and the way they drove so 2 weeks later I went and replaced the 2 on the front......so they were all matched in miles and wear..........

free rotation and free repairs for the life of the tire.......

I have them checked about every 3000 and they inspect them and rotate
why not..its free......

you can run forever on these tires.they cost a little more but wear like iron.....

you all must be hard on your trucks.........or is it because mine is a 1200 not a 1400 so my weight is lighter....should not be by that much to make that much of a difference ...
seems mine has almost doubled in tire and break wear.........
and I don't understand why Adam runs mis- matched sizes...........

wish I would of thought about the shock replacement ......
they seem pretty light duty for such a large truck.......

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
Dave Rampage said:
Adam,

All the tires are the same.

Dave

The truck tires on mine are not the same, different tread and everything. My 2006 came with road tires on the front and a traction tire on the back. My tire guys told me they would not and could not rotate them to the front.

I guess I thought that is how UD does them all. Maybe I got screwed! Or my tire guy is full of crap! They did tell me the front tires were junk the very first time I went in and said they wouldn't last. He was right, they didn't last. I did replace my shocks when I replaced my front tires. Nicer ride.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
$500 for 2 or $911 for 4 sounds about the same to me.

G

Hi Adam,

Mine is a 2005 and all the tires were exactly the same.

I replaced 6 tires.

Dave

T

The Magician

Rex the tires were all name brands, no cheap tires here. Sam's Club was the best bid by under $100. and I take the van to my alignment shop. Smart buying.

Rex Tyus

I never doubted you Magic Man. I have despised Sam's Club since their in bread inception. For competitive reason's when I worked for Wal-Mart. For sentimental reasons now that I am on the outside. Plus we have really competitive independents around here. Glad you got a good deal though. I just like to get my tires and service in the same place.

Back
Top Bottom