Flakey custies are killing me-- new booking/cancellation/changing policy are in order

Mikey P

Administrator
lol....

while you are one of my most valued members here , I'm not sure I'd last 8 hours in a van with you, let alone 8 freakin months.

Unclinch your * and let a guy run your second truck.

alone.

Maybe Bruders can create an App that lets you remotely control his PSI.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
It has been unclenched a long time ago.
He was working two days on his own, and quit when he was completely on his own (while I was on vocation.)

On the other hand I am not ready to let one be alone unless I know they will do at least a decent job.

Life goes on. If I can find a good one I'll hire, on the other hand I've resigned myself to working alone. Ain't that bad. I take less business (4 days a week), pace myself and actually enjoy.

John's comment:
The problem is that is hard to find a person like that in SF.. Even Ofer had a hard time. My Main Guy -who is my Ex-biz partner n ex-brother-in-law-- makes about $65k- 70k a year and Rents a room in my place at below market price of just $600-- and He is still is Broke!!!

Is very interesting. It seems like that's what they all want to begin with. Can't justify that level of expense right off the bat, unless the worker is really good.

Joe Applebe, (who actually has ton of experience hiring) seem to suggest that one (he must mean me) be a lot less picky in his acceptance criteria. Hell, Joe seems to think that expecting a potential employee to answer an email is asking way too much.
Sorry, for the life of me I can't get myself to hire someone who won't even bother to send an email.

Seems like I'm destined to stay solo for the rest of my career. I guess I'm a Kelly kind of guy with a Bay Area, via the Mediterranean, twist

Last edited:
Reactions: Desk Jockey

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Papa John, have you simply tried confirming appointments the day or two in advance if booked more than a couple of days ahead of time?

I find a direct relation between the number or days between the booking and the cleaning, and the "flake" rate.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Papa John, have you simply tried confirming appointments the day or two in advance if booked more than a couple of days ahead of time?

I find a direct relation between the number or days between the booking and the cleaning, and the "flake" rate.

Groomer- you are Totally Correct !
I've been telling My guys for the past two years to call the custies either the nite b4 or b4 they start driving to the appointment to confirm... The dispatcher is too busy and I already work 12-14 hr days. I guess the PAIN of driving for no reason and no money isn't Painful enough to change their habits. This week I reminded them again to make the calls because people are very forgetful this time of year. My guys are only paid commission- so no work= no pay.

I only have time for MB now because I'm "On Vacation"-- hahah yeah right-- I was 2 months behind on some bookkeeping issues and just caught up today.

Name
I'm Rick James
We really didn't keep accurate enough records to know for sure. kinda treated them all the same in the past.. Dispatcher says-- most rescheduled and were repeat customers. She says we Lose even more potential business because we need more trucks-- They don't want to wait 10 days+ nor even 7 days.

Also the 30% for the previous years is not really an accurate nor true number because of how Full Circle handles calls and booking. FC enters in all the info into SM, then books them even if they are not totally sure if they wanted the appointment. The Callers would then call around and maybe find a lower price--- which is easy to do-- then call us back to cancel. The way My Dispatcher handles the calls is that she will answer all their questions FIRST-- then ask if they would like to be booked-- some do - but many just shopping or getting info - and then call us back later--- The Difference between the two ways of handling calls is that Our dispatcher will have fewer cancellations from Prospects. (My definitions- "Prospects"-- someone who booked an appointment but not serviced yet.)

Weird how just one week can get me so worked up. The Friday before THAT week began I had a Long-Time Client do a No-SHow-- I called her to let her know I arrived early and was outside her home and ready to start If that worked for her... She replied, "Oh So Sorry John I Totally forgot about our appointment and I'm on Vacation--- I feel Just Horrible that I did this!-- What is your policy in this type of situation?"
"Forgiveness is our Policy" I replied.
"Really!?"-- "you may add a fee to my bill if you need to-- I feel really Bad about this!" she said
"Mary- you were to be my last customer today- Its Friday- And I leave for Vacation tomarrow-- I'm Very Happy to be Off early today"
"Wow- what a way to build Brand loyality!"

I think I'm going to rewrite the policy again. stay turned.. BTW people are still booking-- another good day-- 16 bookings again. today-- same with yesterday.

That was my biggest problem with full circle, they didn't have detailed reports of jobs.. why they cancel or whatever. Which seems really odd that no one else has been asking for that too..

Do you send an email after they book, detailing their service call and other soft sale items.. or having an email or text sent the night before about the appointment? If not.. YOU SHOULD.

Name
I'm Rick James
So After much debate I've decided to Scrap the "Booking, Cancellation & Change Policy" I'm going to go a different route-- I will keep MB informed on how it is working out-
Below is what is to replace that negative policy:

On Time Booking Guarantee
We will deduct $30 from your bill if we are more than 30 minutes late. We will deduct $50 from your next bill if we need to cancel your appointment due to equipment failures or illnesses. Missed appointments caused by lack of parking are exempt from these discounts. .
All bookings will require a $30 deposit. The deposit is forfeited if you change or cancel your appointment within 60 hours of your appointment time. The hours between 3pm Saturday and 9am Monday are excluded from the 60 hours. You may cancel or change an appointment BEFORE the 60 hours only once without penalty. If YOU are late to your appointment or security measures in your high-rise building make us run late to next appointment, you will also lose the deposit. We reserve the right to make minor changes to your appointment due to computer glitches in the system. We will usually inform you of needed changes within few hours of booking. If we are running ahead of schedule, the tech may call you to see if you would like to be serviced earlier. These changes will not carry a penalty.
These changes are required in order for us to continue to offer On Time bookings-- as opposed to dreaded 2-4 hour window bookings.
All invoices will have a 4% "health care tax" added to them.

That sure sounds like its making your company hard to use for the consumer.

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
Do you send an email after they book, detailing their service call and other soft sale items.. or having an email or text sent the night before about the appointment? If not.. YOU SHOULD.

The Online system does send out a confirmation after they book.

Your advise is very good advise--And I've been trying to get my crew to call ahead to confirm-- But did I mention- with the possible exception of my dispatcher-- We seem to only have people with ADD (Attention Deficiency Disorder) or ADHD working here? Lol

I have ADHD-- which means I can SEE What's ******* me up in High Definition!

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
That sure sounds like its making your company hard to use for the consumer.

You might BE RIGHT-- Or they may like the fact that I guarantee to be on-time or they get discounts?

I'm Fully aware that this policy could HURT ME.--- just like raising prices could. BUT we are already booking 2 weeks out -- so now may be the time to try an "Adjustment in the businesses" like raising prices or this policy?

I wonder IF the 1st airline CEO who decided to charge for Checked Bags or $200 change fee went through the same emotionally/mentally stress that I'm going Through?---
Did you notice that the other CEOs Joined him? AND now its the Norm.

Last edited:

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
I thought about this post today. We just got killed this morning. Had 9 job booked and winded up with 5 cancellations this morning. What a joke. Did give us time to clean some rugs that have been sitting there with I think black mold and about 2 gallons of pet urine drenched on them. But, when its the beginning of the month that hurts.

Papa John

Name
John Stewart

Groomer You are Right!

I Just watched a video explaining the New Features of Fittlebug-- our online booking service-- I can Set FB up to send out Reminder emails the day or so before the Appointment Time.. Automation sure makes my Job easier!

So Problem Solved-

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
Just an update on how this policy is working out before I prepare to return back to the States.

It may be due to the time of year, but ive seen an increase in Bookings. Averaging 13/per day. We even had 2 online afterhour bookings with Fittlebug which each paid a $100 deposit! This is because FB wasnt setup yet to take fixed amount deposit and still had to take a 20% deposit.
Its still too early to tell for the true test will be how it effects cancelations n no shows. And also how the custy responds when we Keep the deposit.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom