Flash cuff to vac inlet?

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416160738.372390.jpg

Anyone have a better solution than this stupidity?

Do I just take the barb out?

Thanks!

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Have been using a regular cuff to my Devastator but it's COLD and the D freezes up and restricts airflow.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
I imagine it's because many TM's have a plain tube for the vac connection - so the slip-on adaptor would be used. A lot of portys have or are modified to accept threaded barbs....

Reactions: Russ T.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I'm not saying that this will definitely fix your problem, but it sounds like you have a leak somewhere.. The only time I have a freezing issue and I never cancel a job because it's too cold(WI) is if I either have a leak or, I put the hose outside sucking cold air. I don't use a filter so it could just be the water sits in there too long.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I'm not saying that this will definitely fix your problem, but it sounds like you have a leak somewhere.. The only time I have a freezing issue and I never cancel a job because it's too cold(WI) is if I either have a leak or, I put the hose outside sucking cold air. I don't use a filter so it could just be the water sits in there too long.

Not sure what you're saying. Do you use an inline filter?

The D does fine, even in the 20's maybe even colder but it's just been too cold here the last couple days.

I am usually hooked up to the vac hose so not sucking super cold air.

I work alone so it sometimes takes me a bit longer while prespraying and moving furniture...and hacking with a homeowner.

I ran with the D all last Winter and there were several times where it was an issue and killed my suck, usually did okay. I'm just thinking about switching it up.

As much as I truly love what I do in the nicer months, I'm beginning to question my sanity in these Iowa winters! Just trying to get better.

The Clean Machine

Able 1

Name
Keith
If it's negative 10 degrees and I have a air leak I will freeze up inside the hose around the connection.. Get yourself a helper, and your problem will go away and you will make MORE money no matter how you roll.

I don't use any filters(I'll call it free flow LOL), though I have a Devastator..

Reactions: Russ T.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I'll check the connections to & from the D. I know they are not perfectly air tight but didn't think that was the issue...maybe it is.

I know I need a helper. Last Winter we barely made it through alive though and I'm not sure I can bear the additional draw on our funds.

Hiring help is proving to be one of the hardest things for me to do. Not the act of hiring, but letting go of this owner/op life. I have loved working alone for a lot of years.

That and my fear of cold selling are the things I've GOT to get a handle on, if we will ever reach our potential.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
What connections do you use to and from the D? I know I'll never be totally air tight with Flash cuffs.

I've got a male Cool cuff (I think) on the machine side of the D. That one is better but not air tight either.

I hate Winter in Iowa.

Hey Jim Martin, got any cactus or snake pictures for me to at least look at?

The Clean Machine

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Someone suggested last year wrapping a towel around the cuffs. Going to need it today!

Going without the D today. Kind of a PITA when it's cold IMO. No fault of the D probably should have set it up differently.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
he was........I nudged him to go the other direction..he did not seem to startled by me..he just glared at me for a sec and went on his way......

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
this one here was not happy with me...had to move him out of the road so he would not get ran over......

IMG_5559_zpsda37f06e.jpg

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
he got a bit close to the cactus..if the farmer does not get those out they will get all infected......

IMG_6164_zps34ca7735.jpg

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
When my father was younger we'd go up to Mt Lemmon and do some short day hikes.

It's 15 degrees here now...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom