Flash cuff to vac inlet?

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Hey Russ,

Would you be able to run the D inside the van?

I have seen that done also.

With our Butlers, our filter system is in the back of the van inside.

Not sure what your set up is, but if you have room to run it inside, I would do that for sure.

Need to keep that warm as that is a focal point of a lot of turbulence and cold air.

I have had my filter system even inside the van freeze up a couple times (was a crazy water extraction job, was even freezing the bottom of the water claw)

Looking forward to seeing pics of your set up.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
I run out the back doors, so I have a short hose coming off the tank barb with the FC on the end of it running to the back. From there I run another short hose out through the floorboard. This piece can be disconnected and attached to the dump, when connected to the Intake it allows me to close the doors. All one handed with the Flash Cuffs

Reactions: Russ T.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Russ did you consider replacing that 90 degree bend with the metal one Greenie used to have, which was rounded and caused less air restriction?
If you do, you'll just need a slip on cuff and the airflow will be much better.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
4th job today.........

9475_10204121506890508_5215681321022790608_n_zpsf8dcfb73.jpg

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Have been using a regular cuff to my Devastator but it's COLD and the D freezes up and restricts airflow.
Boy sorry to hear this.... I think what would be best is to get a good vacuum and prevac every thing and drop the Dev in the winter months if it is that cold. This is out of my control.
But what is taking more time double vacuuming or dealing with a filter that is freezing up on you. One of these times you might not make it back to the house in time, or they may find you with a Dev frozen to your hand..That would not be good Dev filter freezes carpet cleaner!! No that would not be good.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning

It was 10 to 20 below zero with the wind chill yesterday morning, and again this morning. My only concern was keeping the water line hot and in constant motion . My filter box is inside the van and doesn't ever freeze up and it fills up with crap because I skip the prevac. The Devastator filter definitely needs to be in the heated van even if the vac line is routed back into the van to do so. Having it outside is asking for a freeze-up.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
It was in the 20s today and the D performed great, as usual. It seems like I have to watch it in single digits.

I do think if I make sure the connections are sealed tight, that would help. As I'm reworking the inside of The Clean Machine, I'm going to get the hoses going out the back. I want to make a spot for the D on the inside for a clean look and take the freeze out of the equation.

Going to need a pork hole too I think ;-).

Name
BradFenstermaker
Friend of mine Tom runs his D in the van and has no problems. Just make a shorter hose and lay it in the floor somewhere thru winter.

Last yr helping a friend do flooded apartments below 20 dg's my pool filter froze up too. I just pulled the stainless screen out and used the housing empty.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom