Flyer I am passing out

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
then I went to red robin afterwards with the wife and kids

I didn't pass out the flyers because the woman said she would hand them out for me at the bus stop and the girls weds get together

It makes me feel good when I see a van with a really nice truck-mount cleaning rat nasty apartments. When I first got my truck-mount I met a guy that was at the time the highest priced cleaner in my area. I told him my business plan and pricing structure which was almost identical to yours, and he told me he used to be just like me. He was running all over town 6-7 days a week. He had the biggest yellow page ad, and some killer specials. Eventually he was running 4 trucks with a bunch of full time employees and competing with the big dogs. Now he has one truck, works maybe 3 days a week if that, and is clearing close to 100k a year. Almost every cleaner goes through these phases. I used to want to advertise on tv, billboards etc. Eventually they get burned out and realize they can make the same they were making before doing half the work with a lot less headache if they just raise their prices and lower their expenses. I am not knocking your business plan. I hope you become a large multiple truck company and have great success. Eventually you will realize you could make a lot more PROFIT.

Actually, your pricing structure is fine. Yes, your profit margin is low for now, but if you do a great job like I know you probably do you should be able to have more than enough customers eventually that you don't have to advertise at all. Then you can grow through referrals, and you will really make some money. Sending out fliers, yp ads, direct mail are all means of attracting customers. It is really an investment in your future. The problem with focusing on being cheap and affordable is that your customers will always value price more than the job you are doing. You will have to weed through a lot more customers to build up a database full of customers that use and refer you regardless to what they receive in the mail. I guarantee you a lot of the customers that are calling you will use another company if they get an offer they just can't refuse. Man I am not going down that road. We have all heard it.

Why did I start cleaning carpet? The guy that got me started was a lazy pothead making a couple thousand a week with a scrubber and no kind of extractor working out of the back of his car. He was known for being expensive but good (atleast in his customers minds). I asked him when I became more knowledgable about cleaning why he didn't want a truckmount. He replied because he didn't want to be like every other bdcc and work twice as hard to make what he was already making. I said "what if you run into some really dirty carpet?" He told me "they can call Stanley. Most of the homes I clean are not even dirty." As far as chemicals go, he cleaned most jobs with about 4 oz of shampoo. Maybe some red relief etc every now and then. He got so many referals, but he also has a personality that just lures people in.

And no I am not bragging. Sure there are a lot of guys making way more than what I make, but when you have a couple hundred k in the bank, very low expenses, and a lot of repeat customers, you won't be in that hustle mode as much etiher. I have only been cleaning for 7 years and now I really ready to expand my business and make some good money through referrals of course. I have just gotten lazy and content with the way things are, but not for long.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I don't travel to clean unless I get mileage. The average price of the homes I go into are probably 3/4 of a million and it is very rare for me to even go near an aprtment. I don't live in that sort of area. So when you talk about what I do you have no clue

Ok. So if I came to where you are and started passing out flyers to all of your cusotmers with a free room of carpet cleaning etc with a powerful truckmounted mahcine, how many of your customers do you think would stay loyal to you. Probably not that many. You could always do some more marketing or you could be known as being the best and not reasonable etc.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I will guarantee most of them would stick with me. They have been screwed by carpet cleaners before to the point they waited to long to have them cleaned and now have them cleaned much more often. I am known as the best around ut just so happens I am affordable most of my customers now are repeats hence the reason I am slashing my ad budgets after only 2 years full time

First name basis with my customers and tons of referals

just be happy your not in my area because your trucks would be parked

Good job. I guess you have tons of money for all your hard work. Back to the original point of this post your flyer. I have seen that same concept before. Good job stealing someone elses creativity. How about creating your own stuff instead of copying everyone else. Then you will really stand out and be different.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I didn't steal anything. I didn't create it either. I plunked down my money for it

I buy from many of the people on this BB

Name
I'm Rick James
Hey guys lets talk to Greg after he goes to SFS, I am thinking he is going to be changing how much he charges. The prices are low but I think its a confidence issue. I bet he does a great job and hopefully SFS will give him that extra confidence and knowledge to raise his prices to more of a industry average.

Is his services the cheapest on this BB? Is anyone cheapier?

Good luck Greg at SFS....

PS IMHO the flyer could use alot of work to get a better return. I know a lady up here that can help you improve the design for a great price, PM if you want her info.

JFRASER

Hey Greg it sound like you are a young guy, I was wondering how much money you are putting away with those prices. Ive been sucking rugs for many years now and I learned the hard way about makeing a $ or making $$$$s. You will do fine for a while but when you get older you will wish you charged more. Do you have a plan for 10 years from now?

I honestly could care less about your flyer or how much you charge. I am just having a good laugh messing with you. I just wish I had your motivation. Bye the way, that flyer is just going to attract a bunch of cheap mo fos with kool aid and stuff spilled all over their carpet looking to get it cleaned cheap. Eventually you will learn or maybe not.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Well Daniel I target my neighborhoods and very very rarely do I do flyers but I am working in one of my favorite neighborhoods this week and decided to print a bunch of those up to send around while I am there.

JFraser I turn 40 April 26

Becker

Name
Becker
The flier is fine...

PDQ does nice things, and any moron can customize a flyer to get some work.

gregflyer.jpg

I listen to what you say Greg.

Here is the problem I see with the flyer.

Complete price point with a catch image of a boy. But where is the meat of the flyer?
Why are you any different that the ofter coupons , flyers or mailers they get?

To be honest with you I have no idea what kinda business you run. Only because every other week or so your story changes.
Hell even in the same message thread it changes. ( reread all this if you don't believe me )

You already offer a low price. $25 per room. And I agree good money can be made at those prices, but the tech is not spending an hour to clean 2 rooms.
So, 5 rooms will cost ya $125.00.. Great price. But not low enough. On top of that you offer $10.00 off. Dropes it to $23.oo per room.

Again, I could careless what others charge. I have seen guys all over the map on pricing.

But you flyers is trying to sell the customer completely on price.
You are not selling yourself of your services at all.

That all being said.

The flyer will work.

Are ya doing anything with the other side?

I'm putting the final touches on a 2 sided flyer. It is a PDQ mod.
It offers some price point, but it is also heavy on.. WHY ME.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Usually I think Wayne's stuff is great, but I'm just not crazy about that whole design.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I just got the PDQ system and decided to try this flyer to a specific neighborhood. You have been to my website 5 rooms wouldn't be $125 5 rooms would be $145.00.

You always forget about stairs, halls, tile and upholstery. I can not remember the last time I had less than 3 rooms unless it included furniture.

Currently the hottest item is carpet restretches because people are becoming more familiar with that services. I do atleast 3 a week when last fall I didn't do any.

With my new system that I have been working on I can clean 2 rooms in an hour or 3 rooms in an hour, 5 rooms would be an hour and a half to 2 hours. I have drastically cut my times because I wanted to be consistent between the trucks. I never ran an emulsifier before and now with a real dirty carpet I will plug into the slurry.

If the fliers and mailers get me in the door that is all I need. I can be the best carpet cleaner in the world and charge $5.00 sq ft but if I don't open the door it doesn't matter. My customers call me for everything, kid gets sick, dog pukes anything they know it is worth it to have a pro come in and take care of it and pay the minimum than just trying to do it themselves

Chris A

Name
Chris
Greg have you tried a lightly mixed emulsifier? That will leave little residue and really help with the speed. I use HeatWave 1/2 dilution.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I am trying a ton of things right now. I bought a bunch of different presprays and was curious about heatwave.
I called JD the otherday to see if they had Master bend ultra tlc and they didn't. I am up for any suggestions. I won't go with powder prespray again

Chris A

Name
Chris
For no-scrub residential we've used PC Ultrapac w/ LVC for years. I'm getting ready to try some new stuff that might be easier on my lungs, and I'll post results as they come in.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I used ultrapac for along time and have a gallon on the truck. I boost my prespay with a fragrance either Lemon dd12 or orange dd12 so ultrapac and its smell isn't a good thing.

Ernie G

Hey Greg, sounds like your content where your busn. is going, and thats all that matters. I think Daniel and myself and others are just trying to say, why work so hard for so little. Having said that, there are different markets, and you have the one you like, nothing wrong with that. Good luck to you.

Rex Tyus said:
[quote="C Pennington":3jdoj87c]
TimP said:
I wouldn't think of upholstery at those rates. But if I had enough volume I'd clean carpet for the same prices.

You aint gonna clean a sofa for 100 bucks in blountstown.....................................................

Sure he will. I am sure he has done it. I have. NOT LATELY! But I have. Now it starts at $75 and goes up.

However, I would rather clean a sofa for $65 than sit on my ass typing on the internet all afternoon. :shock:[/quote:3jdoj87c]

Maybe... I been through Blountstown,it too me 3 minutes but it didnt look like a 100 sofa area...lol

Rex Tyus

That's just it Curtis. There is not enough population to generate volume. It is a rural area. You have to make enough to justify the travel time or you might as well stay at home. The $45 sofa guys are always in and out but they frequently give up and find state jobs. Even SS has a $100 minimum for that area, ($65 for a sofa btw) and you will wait until they have a few more sceduled before they come out. Same day service don't happen from them out there.

TimP

I do indeed charge 100 bucks for a sofa. And IDGAS if I don't get to do them because I don't like doing them. I do quite a few of them actually over a years time....I could do more if I charged less but I don't want to. SS min is 100 bucks in my area. I charge 85 min, I think Rex may still match the SS min in his area but I don't know about in mine he should match it here cause he has a drive. I charge by the SQ ft. The same price as Rex. And we don't have a a problem getting it. Most of the time my price is less than SS. I often times when doing a whole house will charge my sq ft price and in 12x12 bedrooms with furniture price them at 20 bucks to give my customers a break since I don't move anything in a small room like them. Not to mention I go through the steps to do it right. My customers would well prefer to have me in their home than SS, not just because of the better job but they can trust me and the business I've branched off of is trusted so I'm often times given a key and a check. But there is only the fly by night people left....Me, Rex, SS and the guys who have other jobs and have no clue about what they are doing.....I don't think they hardly make a dent in what we do. So if you think about it when competition isn't as congested you can charge closer to what something is worth. You can't judge an area just by looking at it.....I have done a jobs over 1000 bucks in my area. There is a lot of ground to cover.....just what you see in the 3 min you go through blountstown isn't all the population. In fact a lot of it is the poor area. There are some really nice homes out here....you just have to drive to them. Because the people with the money in our area don't want to live all bunched up we like to have lots of land.

Anyways there is no way I can do a Sofa properly and finish it in less than 1 hour but that's just me. I don't get how guys do them faster unless they just PS the tops of the cushions and arms and rinse...not to mention not tear the sofa apart....skip vacuuming too. Or perhaps scampoo them.... I don't know I'd like to actually watch someone do a full sofa in 30 min and do it properly....hell I can barely finish a recliner chair that fast.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
sorry close to a year ago. It didnt draw anyhow. Biggest waste of money in the end.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I am fine. I am ordering a Bakugan back pack for myt 5 yr old online right now.What are you doing? Alone again?

Becker

Name
Becker
that sounded so gay! asking what I wam wearing would have been over the top!

just booked online a feb vegas trip for my girlfriend and I. feb will mark 2 years together.

amazing cheap deals.

Name
I'm Rick James
Greg,

I dont know if you saw the door hanger that was made for me. I was only able to hand out around 100 so far, started monday and already booked 2 jobs off them.

If you are looking for a fresh look, 2 of my friends do graphic design. IMHO they are very good at what they do. Each with their own style, but still falls in line with the image I project.

Here is one of the door hangers that they did and I am currently handing out, plus my business card.

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=32994

I can get you a great deal for design work if you are interested. They can design and print it up for you to.

IMO company image is one of the most important things we have at getting new clients.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom