Foam Blocks

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Do you guys buy your foam blocks from your local supplier or direct?
In the past it seemed like the local guys were so overpriced that it made no sense to buy from them.

If you buy direct, where from?

Last edited:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
The local guy retired. I used to buy directly from the manufacturer but I ain't seen any of their ads lately.
He's all your's Marty.
That ain't what friends are for. And get that apostrophe out of there. Marty is mighty touchy about spelling. Especially from natives.

Last edited:
Reactions: hogjowl

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I may not be up to date. They used to be almost twice the price as the manufacturer for blocks and the same for booties. Way over priced.

Last time when my other "local" guy quoted me $4,200.00 for replacing my hydramaster recovery tank while Ray wanted about $1,200.00 (or so) made me loose some trust.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I got that same quote for a waste tank! Jondon has it for $2,500.. Odd ball stuff is when they'll get you locally! Blocks at my local shop are.. like $40, I can order them from Jondon for $35+ shipping..

Years back there was a company that had these crazy hard white blocks, that were worth ordering.. Not sure what happened to them, but their customer service was bad..

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Is that internet salesman going to service your TM on Friday afternoon so you can get to your Saturday job?
I don't work on the weekend you doof. It's about time you didn't either.

Bought all my stuff local from Ray (beside foam blocks and booties). Used to buy from the other guy for 20 some years, till he got over his head with himself.

Funny that you ask, gave the "other" local guy's mechanic a call yesterday. The belt that drives the Pro-1200 shaft got shredded. The guy didn't even know what it was. Told him it was a PTO, didn't make a difference. He started to explain to me that there are slide ins and non slide ins. Fascinating. Who knew. Then he told me that they will have to order the part from SS and it will take a week.
Wow.
Had to call SS and get the belt's part number. My local mechanic changed it in 10 minutes.

I did not have the heart to ask local loco, if they have any foam blocks. Didn't ask about the cost of recovery tank replacement either. Who says I never learn?

Name
Nate W.
All I know is we had ordered 4boxes of blue blocks and my mom got the slightly smaller ones than we were used too.. We still have 3boxes left of them.. It seems harder to break that the 2" blue blocks.. It was way cheaper to buy it in bulk than pay $8.00 a sheet of the white crappy blocks.. I think I have enough blocks for me to retire with..

And I love my sticky tabs too...

I think we ordered them from the back of Cleanfax also..

Able 1

Name
Keith
We snap the blue blocks in half for light stuff.. Usually only happens when we are light on blocks.. lol

Wait $8 a sheet!?!:eekk:

Name
Nate W.
Yea, we got fooked when we ran out and flood jobs would roll in..

I've never liked the "white" blocks, it'd seem to crumble more.. or the foil tabs, or the cardboard tabs either.. We had boxes of those "old school" book of clear tabs, what a PITA... Soo much the stuff just cracks because it's soo old..

Able 1

Name
Keith
Yeah, the white blocks suck now!! Though back 8 years there was a white block that was 2X as dense as a blueblock!

Sticky tabs are the chit!

Name
Steve Lawrence
Used to get blocks from Midwest Plastics until they only shipped in double size boxes that we can't store easily. Shopped around a bit and found Jon Don was cheaper and had small boxes.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
I don’t use blocks. Everything stays on sliders until the end, then down onto tabs.

The reason is that customers often leave the blocks in place. I find the Big Hose Company leftovers and once, a three legged table with a tiffany style lamp on it, sitting on small foam blocks!

By the way if you don’t have a “lift buddy” to raise sofa legs, get one.

steve_64

I don’t use blocks. Everything stays on sliders until the end, then down onto tabs.

The reason is that customers often leave the blocks in place. I find the Big Hose Company leftovers and once, a three legged table with a tiffany style lamp on it, sitting on small foam blocks!

By the way if you don’t have a “lift buddy” to raise sofa legs, get one.
Just something else I'll have to go back and retrieve or run over.

Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Just something else I'll have to go back and retrieve or run over.

Welp, often those tabs are still there the next time. And that is the issue with blocks. Oh I tell them the tabs can be pulled the next day, but I think they just turn invisible.

steve_64

Welp, often those tabs are still there the next time. And that is the issue with blocks. Oh I tell them the tabs can be pulled the next day, but I think they just turn invisible.
I was talking about the lift buddy. I use blocks and tabs lol

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom