Focus. MIT

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
My geometry teacher was a rhode scholar who was ahead of the curve. MIT "Most Imortant Thing"

Focus will create time. Argualbly lifes MIT.

I am trying to better myself and take stress out of everyone around me. Shouldnt be, doesnt have to be if you take control and help others as well.

I thought of this all by myself after the Jets kicked the Giants Arse yesterday. I wasnt even nervous.

Here it is....... If Im working, if you text or call me, this is what you will get in an automatic reply.

IMG_2173.png

IMG_2174.png

instead of 6 actions to let someone know your busy and cant talk, then them saying ok it wasnt important anyway, then you giving them the thumbs up, then BTW bla bla bla.....

Or be on the ignorant side and just put on silence notifications, see the flags that your getting texts, and let the other person texting you not knowing if you received the text.

Choice is yours, Im done wasting time.
MikeJ

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
My geometry teacher was a rhode scholar who was ahead of the curve. MIT "Most Imortant Thing"

I am trying to better myself and take stress out of everyone around me. Shouldnt be, doesnt have to be if you take control and help others as well.

I thought of this all by myself after the Jets kicked the Giants Arse yesterday. I wasnt even nervous.

Here it is....... If Im working, if you text or call me, this is what you will get in an automatic reply.

View attachment 125060

View attachment 125061

instead of 6 actions to let someone know your busy and cant talk, then them saying ok it wasnt important anyway, then you giving them the thumbs up, then BTW bla bla bla.....

Or be on the ignorant side and just put on silence notifications, see the flags that your getting texts, and let the other person texting you not knowing if you received the text.

MikeJ

Thank you for sharing this Mike

"Focus" is my favorite setting on my phone.

I also got some excellent advice from a carpet cleaner who runs a large and efficient business:

"If you cannot resolve a conversation in three texts, make a phone call"

That too saves a great deal of time.

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
Thank you for sharing this Mike

"Focus" is my favorite setting on my phone.

I also got some excellent advice from a carpet cleaner who runs a large and efficient business:

That too saves a great deal of time.
You are the first person I communicated with that even knows what the focus setting is. Sad.
Problem is, it doesnt let you access apps without "Im not driving" then the whole idea is ruined.
I tried never locking screen, turning locations off, etc.

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
Do Droids let you do these 3 things at the same time?

1 Auto reply to text or call
2 Take pic or vid
3 Enter info into HC or app of choice

Without being distracted?

If so, I am changing from Apple to Android.

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides

Imagine if it was 1 action to the texter, 0 actions to the textee, communication in play.

Multiply by hundreds to thousands per week, year , life...... We would all have so much more quality time. This is a selfless issue that im trying to figure out, to better me and the people in contact with me.

In my O, everybody is addicted to phone and the phone is addicted to everybody. It is sad that the people scared of AI, going on strike because of AI, but they will not shut the phone off.

The easy fix on slapping AI in the face is to turn your phone off, when your an addict you cant, even if your job is on the line.

Everybody did such a "good job" at working "Smarter not Harder" 3 years of hearing "I love working from home, and I can work from anywhere.... bla, bla, bla". Anyone in that position is either financially free now, congrats, or getting a floor cleaning job, even better. You can keep busy cleaning instead of retiring.

They created a fine tuned AI world, workers from home, now time to enjoy the benefits. This could actually be a step toward World Peace. Problem is, whos opinion is the definition of World Peace?

The fact that US Veterans fought and died for America to be Free and now AI comes in and controls us sucks. Trojan Horse.

I still love life everday and am so thankfull for the Vets. Sucking rugs all day, family, fun. USA

Reactions: Jim Pemberton

Luky

Name
Mario

View attachment 125060

View attachment 125061

Choice is yours, Im done wasting time

View attachment 125060

View attachment 125061

MikeJ
I'm glad that you addressing this issue. In our effort to satisfy customer needs we're willing to sacrifice our well being, when comes to answering texts, it is borderline of craziness. Customer texts anytime, as many times as they think is right, and on top of it, the texts get more vague as they progress. " The lady on the phone " is my wife, and she's calling customers after she gets the first text; she's not waiting until the third one. I understand that this approach might inconvenience some busy executives, so be it.
" Tell me what needs to be done, get an estimate, get a price, give me your address, and we'll send you a text message/ email to summarize the whole conversation. The message will include the day and time of the appointment also.
Done.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton

One of the most frustrating experiences for me is watching those three dots while someone is slowly typing an excess of unnecessary information that could be more quickly resolved if they would just call.

To be clear, where I like texting is when students/customers can send me pictures of a problem carpet/fabric/rug/floor or a part for their machine that they can't verbally describe and don't have a part number for. In those cases, pictures are worth a thousand words.

But otherwise, several text exchanges are a waste of time

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
One of the most frustrating experiences for me is watching those three dots while someone is slowly typing an excess of unnecessary information that could be more quickly resolved if they would just call.

To be clear, where I like texting is when students/customers can send me pictures of a problem carpet/fabric/rug/floor or a part for their machine that they can't verbally describe and don't have a part number for. In those cases, pictures are worth a thousand words.

But otherwise, several text exchanges are a waste of time
I have a buddy that if I text him he will answer.
Text a 2nd time he will tolerate it and answer.
If I text a 3rd time my phone rings lol.

Name
Nate W.
Interesting, I'll have to look into it.. Thanks MJ..

The other thing I can't stand is when someone will text, then immediately call right after.. I know it's too much to ask for to have actionable information.. I'm always willing to help but don't waste my damn time, I do that all too well..

• Love
Reactions: Mike J and BIG WOOD

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
Don’t call me
Send that 4th text
This is fine for most people as solid as you. You are not falling into the trap.
I want to figure this out because I see too many loved ones, friends that have way more biz in their life than me, and anyone in my circle be less stressed, just by setting the phone properly.

If Samsung can do this, I am selling my iPhone 15pro and I am currently looking into buying puts on Apple. I think with the AI regs coming out, people will learn that Apple is more controlling than any Government.

Jan 19, 2024. $145 put. $1.40......

I am gonna beg, borrow, or earn me more Ford. Im so broke from all my bad trades....... but Buffet didnt start doing it right till he was around mid 50's.

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
I text my lawn care guy and he calls me back. I hurt his feelings once by telling him “if I wanted to talk to you, I would have called you.” Now he texts me.
You limited your actions for one person to one. You are a natural.

Are you going to Mikeyfest 2024?

• Haha
Reactions: SamIam

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I text my lawn care guy and he calls me back. I hurt his feelings once by telling him “if I wanted to talk to you, I would have called you.” Now he texts me.
you're a douche

Maybe he was working and not able to text. douche

Reactions: hogjowl

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
Mikey and I have already met once or twice and the rest of y’all are just as uninteresting in person.
I am a premium vacuumer though..... We are like brothers now. I wont pester, but it would interesting...

Reactions: hogjowl

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
I just put an offer in for a full time tech. He worked for Apple and his answer was to go to the store and see if they could figure it out. Great answer, he didnt waste too much time, but could not figure it out.

If you are trying to achieve this, I did get it down a little better, on my own.

Set the Action button to the "Driving Focus". This helps trim one action, unless you fumble a click. Still figuriing this out, no time to go to store. Cannot find answer on YouTube.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
I figured it out!!!!!
Androids can do auto reply to phone and text. Simple as it should be. I will stop my crying now. Im getting an Android tomorrow, and will only use my iphone 15 pro for a camera.

Game on now. I will be able to focus on cleaning carpets and not trying to fix Apple. I am buying puts asap,

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
I saw on you tube, Androids are simple to do auto reply in text and calls.

IMG_2454.png

Once this trade buys it for me.

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
Since you know every single tool I needed before I did, would you mind telling me what Non-Apple phone I should get.
I only really need to be able to :

Take pics, Enter info into Housecall, and auto reply text without professional hack moves and triple action moves.
To be able to listen to music and make a selfie at the same time would be cool. On iPhone, if you are making a story on FB, the sound cuts out. Really messes with my dance moves. I have to dance around and do stupid stuff to the beat in my head, then layer it with the music.

FYI, I never danced so much when working.......

Mikey P

Administrator
Since you know every single tool I needed before I did, would you mind telling me what Non-Apple phone I should get.
I only really need to be able to :

Take pics, Enter info into Housecall, and auto reply text without professional hack moves and triple action moves.
To be able to listen to music and make a selfie at the same time would be cool. On iPhone, if you are making a story on FB, the sound cuts out. Really messes with my dance moves. I have to dance around and do stupid stuff to the beat in my head, then layer it with the music.

FYI, I never danced so much when working.......
Pixel 8 Pro is my choice.

Google has very generous trade in offers.

They gave me $900 for my Pixel 6 for example

Reactions: Mike J

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
My pet peeve with texting is responding right away to a text, me answering a question, that needs a little follow up and then it takes hours for them to respond. You just texted me, you can't be that far away from your phone....
Sounds like my daughter.
A conversation takes 3 days.

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
Time to cover that short
View attachment 125148
I bought more puts, $150 strike 1/19/24 exp X3. 4 contracts in all, will ride it out now.

Warren Buffet invests only in companies he would want to be a part of. He made his fortunes after 50 yo, and is #1 in my book for investing.

Puts may be an emotional play, but I would not want to be part of Apple anymore.

Im sure they wont miss me, and once again this is strictly a gut move. But...Apple is too strong to get dumped right away, I feel ok about my puts.

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
I bought more puts, $150 strike 1/19/24 exp X3. 4 contracts in all, will ride it out now.

Warren Buffet invests only in companies he would want to be a part of. He made his fortunes after 50 yo, and is #1 in my book for investing.

Puts may be an emotional play, but I would not want to be part of Apple anymore.

Im sure they wont miss me, and once again this is strictly a gut move. But...Apple is too strong to get dumped right away, I feel ok about my puts.
That’s called “Hopium”. Also. Adding to a losing trade is a terrible idea. Warren wouldn’t have done what you are doing before or after 50. I’m not trying to dog you, but I don’t think you are trying to protect you capital. Look at the the chart I posted above. It’s a buying opportunity. Draw a trend line across the bottom wicks. If you could have covered those puts after hours that would have been awesome. But you can’t. You would have better off shorting apple on a margin account.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom