FOR THOSE HOME OWNERS WHO HAVE BLACK LIGHTS

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Running more and more into home owners who use blacklights to find their pet accidents. So as I go thru their home with them they know where all of the spots are. But I explain to them that cleaning will partially or not remove the fluorescence that they see under a blacklight. Of course they look at me like I be stupit. Now I ask you is this correct ? I remember reading this in an article somewhere. And is there somewhere I can print this out to show them?

FredC

Village Idiot
not real official looking or anything...........but page 5

http://cleanwiki.com/resources/Free Training Manuals/Successful Urine Decontamination.pdf

The portion of urine that glows is the salts. It takes only a very small amount of salt to produce a noticeable glow under a quality black light. Cleaning procedures will dissolve the salt. When the water is extracted most of the salt is removed. However, the salt will be evenly dispersed throughout the water. Thus, if 80% or 90% of the water is removed by extraction, 10% or 20% of the water is left behind along with 10% or 20% of the salt. Water that dries by evaporation rather than extraction leaves its salt behind. So while the components of urine that cause the stain and odor may be removed, the small percentage of salt left behind may still be enough to produce a glow under UV light. There are products that will temporarily hide this florescence but they will wash away or wear away. The effect is only temporary. We do not recommend their use in most circumstances.

Last edited:
Reactions: J Scott W

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
Correct....it still glows after cleaning. I think CTI makes(or used to) a product you can apply after cleaning it from showing.

Mikey P

Administrator
I brought this up not too long ago and Bryan O'Halick said that if you pit wash that carpet for ten hours the glow may go away.

Don't be so wishie washing with them Ladwig, be a man, stand firm, wear long pants and in a deep masculine voice.... TELL THEM THIS...

" Mam your cat caused permanent damage to the dye in your carpet, the glow is irreversible, the good news is I can most likely get the odor out if the urine has not reached the sub floor material yet. If there were no artificial dyes in their system from cheap pet food or medication, I can MOST LIKELY get the stain out too.
Now put that light away and forget about it as you'll never see the glow with out it. Carpeting was never designed to be used as a toilet for your pets so please consider eating your cat or dropping it off in a forest a long ways from here before it ruins your sub floor and dry wall.
Oh and by the way, polyester carpet does NOT glow, is much more stain resistant and cheaper as well, so consider purchasing some when your cat has completely ruined this here nice nylon."

Last edited:

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Carpeting was never designed to be used as a toilet for your pets so please consider eating your cat or dropping it off in a forest a long ways from her before it ruins your sub floor and dry wall.
Oh and by the way, polyester carpet does glow, is much more stain resistant and cheaper as well, so consider purchasing some when your cat has completely ruined this here nice nylon."

The first part that I quoted here is probably dangerous advice from a nutritional and contagion point of view, the second part could contribute to decimation of local wildlife, as feral felines wreak havoc on the environment. Its also unlikely to make "pet lovers" feel all warm and fuzzy about you.

....but of course I know you are kidding, as you tend to be concerned about nutrition, the environment, and your customers' unrequited love for you with that lady killer charm of yours...

As far as the second part: A cat crapping on polyester ....well, what's the difference? ....crap on crap is still just crap...its just a matter of degree, texture, and odor.

Mikey P

Administrator
Feral cats are born outside to savvy hunter mommy cats.

This retarded indoor cat that lives in Jimmys mobile home park is guaranteed to be afraid of it's own tail, has blunt teeth from too much rock hard kibbly bits and probably eats it's own doody out of boredom.

One night in the forest and either a Harpy or a Muskrat will eat it.

Reactions: Old Coastie

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Oh my! I just wanted something written that I could present to them to PROVE that the urine stain would STILL show after I leave. I just didn't want them to doubt me! OH MY! the words you people use! Don't you know that I am quite sensitive!

And yes Dirk I knew of the CTI product but I just don't want to get into that type of complication. Maybe sometimes it will work and other times no?

Maybe I'm just looking for one of those email Jeff Cross articles that are one page in length?

Reactions: Mikey P

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Good info but I hate to use articles like that that specify certain chems. I might not use those brands.
Something more unbiased?

Name
Danny Strickland
Good info but I hate to use articles like that that specify certain chems. I might not use those brands.
Something more unbiased?

Just plagiarize a few articles on yore letterhead (not yore Cul da sac hed) and leave behind. People who let Fluffy or Prissy piss/shit all over their home deserve the mess left behind!!!

Better yet, mix some encap juice in a squirt bottle and leave it behind, call it piss/shit lifter. If you say it's Admiral Clean certified you can get $29.95 a bottle!!

:oldrolleyes:

Reactions: Jimmy L and Mikey P

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Just tell the client that the urine stain is permanent.
Than the two of you can contemplate the nature of permanence.

And they say that nothing in life is permanent!

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I heard from yor peaples down there you claim yor $28 snake oil cures genitile warts and diareaha.

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
We dont guarantee pet odor or pet stain removal. We tell them what ever we do is more or less a dilution process. Something above and beyond what they themselves can do. We are here to help.

I have said in the past," This aint no magic wand !!"

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
This topic was only to discuss the client finding those urine stains with their own blacklight after you leave.
Then you get a call asking WHY they are still there.

Please read the question before you answer...................dummy.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Carpeting was never designed to be used as a toilet for your pets so please consider eating your cat or dropping it off in a forest a long ways from here before it ruins your sub floor and dry wall.
EXACTLY what I tell my customers. Doesn't faze them.

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
If I remember correctly, I'm thinking detergent residue might show up under a black light. I had a job years and years ago where this kids room carpet exposed a ton of art work in the form of white detergent residue after I made my passes. Lady told me that when the black light came on at night, the floor would glow with his artwork.

So you can tell these nitpickers that what they're seeing may be traces of a detergent based correction solution

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
OMG! I can't wait to hear Donald Trump at the debate talking about mexicans.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom