Ford LCF

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
In my current rig I probably get 6 miles to the gallon. Its gas. I could get a Ford LCF with a box for about 33 g's. Guy told me I could get about 12 miles to a gallon. Its diesel. Should I make the move to the big truck?

Golden Boy

Name
BradFenstermaker
Dude what are you thinkin?

Are sellin the aerotech? How bout charging you freaking cell phone sometime. Gonna be out tonite cleaning you workin?

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
I am going to get rid of the Aerotech. If I dont I am going to have to payback my 200 dollars worth of Mikeybucks.

Golden Boy

Greenie

Waldo will pick up John G's used rag spinner haulin' Sprinter van and get 18 mpg and be way ahead of the game.

Might be have steak n eggs instead of Cap'n Crunch each morning.

F

FB7777

6mpg with the booboo bus Waldo???

have you been driving around stoned for the last 5 years with the emergency break on?

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
The Boo-Boo Bus has a 460 in it. I think. There is no way I am getting good gas mileage.

Golden Boy

Name
jack zerkie
Waldo. Your 6mpg is about average. I have a 04 chevy 2500 with a Hydramaster 47D and no matter what I do I get about 7mpg and thats without the air on, also no fresh water tanks. Jack Zerkie Cape Coral Florida :cry:

Matt King

7 mpg? I get 12-15mpg in my 05 Express with the 6.0 and I haul fresh water. Waldo has an old big block w/ a 4 barrel on there... I bet that thing drinks alot of fuel.. The LCF is nice but you could probably find a nice used truck like that and save a bundle. Even a low height box van w/ a fuel injected motor would serve you well.. Edelbrock makes a throttle body fuel injection system we could put on your motor Waldo.. You'd be high tech then! 8)

danpauselius

I get 10-12 mpg with a 99 E350 (fresh water tanks too) but if I slap the trailer on it, she drops to about 4-5 mpg. THAT'S why I'm looking at diesels.

Becker

Name
Becker
Did ya ever get the carb looked at. I think I recall you having a problem with it, like a strong smell of gas.

6-7 mpgs might be about right for a 460, older truck with duals on the rear.. And a lot of weight.

$33,k buys a lot of fuel. However the LCF is pretty nice.

CL

I have a 99 E250 with the V6, haulin a gen zxt (1300 lbs), 6 fans and 350 feet of hose, ect. Pullin down 15mpg average (in town and on hiway combined) These are strong motors. I have 153,000 miles on mine with just normal maintenance.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I would not buy an LCF at least right now, navistar has been makeing aweful diesel engines as of late, infact they have so many warranty claims liability from the 6.0 powerstroke engine from the '03-'07 fords that it has put the company on the verge of bankruptsy as well as pitted ford and navistar in high stakes law suits,

A new player is the chassis cab that dodge has just introduced, that is where I would look, cummins motor with loads of power, and with a box you should still be looking at around 14mpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom