Forwarding business phone calls to your personal phone

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Who else has their business calls forwarded to their personal phone of a different phone number, using a third-party virtual phone service?

Does your service allow you to differentiate between incoming business calls and incoming personal calls with caller ID active for business calls also?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
See what an answering service would cost you. That way a real person answers and they can test you the info for you to call as so as you finish up.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
I want to be able to differentiate between a business call and a personal call so I can be better prepared and answer accordingly.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Do your friends not do business with you?

Sure do, but not all calls to my personal number are from friends.

I have a lot of other things going on completely unrelated to my cleaning business that I rely on my personal number for, so my phone can be pretty active across all fronts, which requires being able to manage calls differently at different times.

Hard to screen your incoming calls as needed to avoid whatever bullshit you don't have time for at the moment if you cant identify it from a business call.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
I think you can set up different ring tones for different callers with your cell phone. Maybe all forwarded calls from biz phone would have same ring tone?
When I'm in the mood I have biz calls forwarded to my personal cell instead of my office/dispatcher. Expect about 20% calls to be from telemarketers.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
I think you can set up different ring tones for different callers with your cell phone. Maybe all forwarded calls from biz phone would have same ring tone?
When I'm in the mood I have biz calls forwarded to my personal cell instead of my office/dispatcher. Expect about 20% calls to be from telemarketers.

With my current service, as well as most I have looked into, they offer the option of having the original callers ID forwarded, or to always show your business number in the caller id for any call going to it.

I already can set it to display my business line to differentiate calls, but WITHOUT caller-id.

It's one or the other.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
My pet Peeve is that a lot of people don't know how to use the phone in this modern age with aggressive and abundant telemarketers.
Some "Neanderthals" still back in the "stone age" refuse to work with Voice mail.--
New Flash!-- people generally do not answer calls from unknown numbers, so a VM should always be left.
The "Neanderthals" will just hang up-- My main tech is a "Neanderthal"--:hopeless:
And if an unknown caller fails to leave a VM-- Then his call wasn't really important to him.

Name
Lee Stockwell
I forwarded my 45 year old landline number when I moved out of that phone market 12 years ago. Usually (99.4%) it rings in my pocket. I answer every call, even out of area.

I like this arrangement better than any I've had before.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Caller ID pops up customers' contact info on the 1st ring, and a little tone differentiates "forwarded" calls from those who call my cell number direct.

The value of a long established "business number" is fading quickly as a new generation takes over. Many of my best customers use text only.

Reactions: Bob Pruitt

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I exclusively use the services of

1-Fortune-Teller-oil-painting-16-x-20.jpg

For example: When Dick Chavez was arrested, yet again, she immediately alerted me not to pick up the phone, unless I wanted to post his bail.

Evidently Dan and his wife are using madam Zadora's excellent services as well.
How you doing Chavez?

Reactions: Desk Jockey
Name
Nate W.

We have 3 lines at the office.. A rotary system that if calling our main number goes to our second and third line.. 3 different numbers but get transfered to 1..

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
I prefer the phone ring at my office where the best Salesperson I have ever met works...my wife. If she takes the call the job will be booked and they will already believe I'm the most amazing Carpet Cleaner who has ever lived when I show up. She will mention our other services and leave extra time if they want me to look at their upholstery or whatever as an add on. I'm a good on location Salesperson. When the phone does get forwarded to me because Ann has to be out of the office, I don't do as well...especially if I'm on a job.

HydroDude

Name
JB
Back in the 80's, we had 3 lines...2 remote call forwarded to our office line, when no one was able to answer ...we call forwarded it to our voicemail beeper:headbang:...

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I prefer the phone ring at my office where the best Salesperson I have ever met works...my wife. If she takes the call the job will be booked and they will already believe I'm the most amazing Carpet Cleaner who has ever lived when I show up. She will mention our other services and leave extra time if they want me to look at their upholstery or whatever as an add on. I'm a good on location Salesperson. When the phone does get forwarded to me because Ann has to be out of the office, I don't do as well...especially if I'm on a job.
Sounds pretty similar to the way we operate!

Check out Ring Central. It's like $9 per month and extremely versatile and customizable.

We forward the business line to voicemail in the non working hours.

Calls go to Mel in the office. If she's on the other line, or unable to answer, then they come to me.

How many rings? Ring simultaneously between a couple users? Hand off a phone call?

All kind of features, most we probably don't even use.

I know it's a biz call because it says "The Clean Machine" on my newfangled but classic iPhone SE.

Reactions: Bob Pruitt

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
Right now cell phone and land lines don't talk to each other. Can't transfer a call to a cell by pushing a button. This system changes that so everyone in company with cell is networked like the were all connected and in the same building. Like you are always in the office even when you are out of the office. Something like that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom