Gas prices ?

Mikey P

Administrator
I got a trucker buddy who says the world is gonna stop and listen when they all decide to pull to the curb and wait for congress to stop this bullshit.

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
Quit your complaining :twisted:

It costs me the equivalent of $ 6.08 per gallon of diesel of here in Australia. I fuel up my Toyota, and it costs me around $210 and I get about 10 days out of it before it needs refueling again.

I live in a populated area, it gets far worse the more remote the location you live in as well. I am pretty sure, that in NZ and the UK it is more expensive again as well.

That is why we don't have your big V8 and V10 vans and four wheel drives down here. Too expensive to run them!

Jim

Heathrow

Name
Heath Menefy
Not far off there Jim - $1.70 a litre for gas - that's almost $6.50 a gallon ($5.00 US per gallon) and diesel isn't cheap anymore either at around $3.44 US per gallon (plus the road user tax they charge us for diesel vehicles here).
Mind you, water's cheap here :lol:

Bob Foster

Today's prices here in Victoria BC Canada
The price converting everything to American equivalency is $4.80 a
US gallon.

Propane equivalent is $3.35 a US gallon.

And we send you the oil.

To see another example of how we get screwed here a local accountant in my town bought a new Toyota Prius in Seattle 25% cheaper than he could here in Victoria BC when the dollar was only 2 cents lower than the US.

When you look at the price of carpet cleaning durable goods and chemicals between Canada and the US its even worse.

I wish you guys would come up here and invade us and knock some sense into average Canadians that just put up with this crap. Sorry I am starting to rant......yes fuel is getting to be more significant as a cost of doing business.

duckster

Mikey P said:
I got a trucker buddy who says the world is gonna stop and listen when they all decide to pull to the curb and wait for congress to stop this bullshit.

Which is why Bush and gang want Mexican truckers. They are not willing to take any chances.

Greenie

voters sent our jobs overseas, voters elected an oil man, the buck stops with you at the polls.

it's funny to see the wack jobs on ICS who consider themselves red blooded Americans defending chinese imported products, knowing damn well everytime we bring another dollar of merchandise in, it's $2 less avail. for our own economy and jobs.

pay now, or pay later.

ps: we don't "need" any oil at all, we have what we need here already, you gotta turn that corn and soy into fuel, and oil Barron's won't have that now will they.

sanctions and embargoes is all I have to say.

G

I'm paying 3.59. It was still only 4% of sales today. I think we will still be ok if it gets to $5.00 per gallon. I would rather pay $1.00 per gallon but things go up.

Dave

duckster

$3.03 today at ARCO (Atlantic Richfield is NON Arab oil, comes from the North Atlantic). Exxon and the others can burn in hell. When I lived in So Cal we would drive to Mexico to buy it.

Could become the next black market commodity.

Problem with renewable sources of oil - we can't produce at a high enough rate. Of course we could each make a decision not to eat and then we might be able to meet the demands. Sound like a winner of an idea?

duckster

Vincent said:
Don't mean to rub it in, but I paid $1.99/gal for propane today.

Vincent,

What is the mileage like on propane? It could be worth considering but Hybrid might be another idea.

diamond brian

Greenie, I agree with you wholeheartedly.

However, from what I understand, American farmers can only grow enough corn to account for 4-5% of our nation's fuel demands--and that's assuming we all stop eating corn.

Rex Tyus

However, from what I understand, American farmers can only grow enough corn to account for 4-5% of our nation's fuel demands--and that's assuming we all stop eating corn.

When it becomes profitable to grow corn you will see how much can be grown and harvested. The farming industry would make a huge comeback.

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
duckster said:
Vincent said:
Don't mean to rub it in, but I paid $1.99/gal for propane today.

Vincent,

What is the mileage like on propane? It could be worth considering but Hybrid might be another idea.

I just use to heat my water. Van runs on gas, $2.86 today.

duckster

Rex Tyus said:

When it becomes profitable to grow corn you will see how much can be grown and harvested. The farming industry would make a huge comeback.

Corn in its many forms is the single largest contributor to Type 2 diabetes. We can do without it.

duckster

Greenie said:
it's funny to see the wack jobs on ICS who consider themselves red blooded Americans defending chinese imported products, knowing damn well everytime we bring another dollar of merchandise in, it's $2 less avail. for our own economy and jobs.

And the cash registers that would make a cha-ching sound in this country at one time can now be heard in your neighborhood Wally World making a Chink sound instead. Damn Nixon and his Peking Duck. The door was opened to them by him. Finally we pay for the one "good" thing he did during his reign.

Ultimately it can be said the Chinese won the war and they did it all without firing a single shot. Now they own us.

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
You may have to look at what other countries are doing in the future. Due to our gas prices, we are now supplying Truckmounts that can run dual fuel setups.

So now we run the vans and trucks on LPG (I think you guys call it natural gas over there, or propane.) and we also run the various truckmounts off LPG (natural gas/propane) as well. That gives our customers roughly a 50-60% saving over running their vans and machines off normal unleaded.

That is how we get around having high petrol/gas prices. The economy still ticks over, and no, the sky doesn't fall in!

Jim

G

Greenie,

Are you referring to your China made feathertouch valve? Or your China Made extendors?

Dave

1tigers

Diesel is the cheapest fuel to make but it cost the most at the pump what's up with that.5 years ago diesel was always 20% cheaper than reg. gas now its 20% more.most people only care about gas prices but its diesel that moves this country.every product you buy got to the store by diesel.

Jerry

Supportive Member
The dems should have helped pass the drilling in Anwar?(sp) back 6 years ago, but nooo.... thanks alot!

duckster

Jerry said:
The dems should have helped pass the drilling in Anwar?(sp) back 6 years ago, but nooo.... thanks alot!

6 years ago gas was at $1.12 us average. Today, $3.24 for the same gallon. No, we don't need to drill in Anwar. We need to drill Bush and his oil buddies until they look like Swiss Cheese. Take all their assets and leave their families with the same empty feeling our wallets share.

That is what we should have done 6 years ago.

OPEC oil minister states prices are being set by wall street gamblers,
thinks $60.00 per barrel is a fair price.Said they do not know their prices until they see the morning paper.

Forbes says price could go to $150.00 barrel.

Oil affects petrochemical,plastics,paint etc. and food production.

Freight charges affect all mfg.

Truck Cos just add on fuel surcharges,just had a bill from ACT,19.2% add on.

Electricity, My latest bill,actual power used $93.00 fuel charge$114.00
total bill $207.00.

Already see large increases in Food.

Every invoice we receive is up.

4 by 8 sheet of stainless steel, 1-1-06 was 189.00 now $640.00.

Brass fittings doubled.

Oil has got to taken out of the futures market.

Don't look for any help from Washington,their only interest is being reelected,the only solution for them is term limits.never happen.

Good luck,Judson

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
yeah but the OPEC minister makes a bit off the oil prices to...

You know, I agree to a point about the inflation arguement.....that is until you realize that the vehicles havent kept up with the same climb...

IE....6 yrs ago the $1.40 price...the standard v8 van for cleaning...like 14 MPG or so (and i am being nice here)

Now gas is $3.89...2.75 times higher....and a new van now....MAYBE gets you 17 mpg....

so gas is up more the double, and yet the ability to use it has only gone up 10%..

thats my biggest issue...

raise the price WE ALL DO IT....

but

WE ALL HAVE BECOME MORE EFFICIENT IN WHAT WE DO, AND OFFER BETTER SERVICE...

itd be like doubling your prices and yet still cleaning with 1970s tech..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom