bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
What's everbody paying today.......

Here it went from $3.65 yesterday..

To $3.89...today!

Rex Tyus

It is $3.59 here today. Has been for about a week.

They're SAYIN' $6.00/ by summer!

Mark my words. The summer price can ALWAYS be tied to consumption over holiday weekends. The first test will be Memorial day weekend, then the 4th of July. If consumption falls below estimates it will remain flat or even drop a bit. If it is at or above expectations WOOOHHH BABY it is gonna keep going.

Speculation and our willingness to pay the price is what drives it up. Some say we don't have a choice. Imagine how much we would reduce usage if people put their kids on the bus instead of driving them and picking them up to and from school. Four wheelers,jet ski's boats... If every one would park them for a month it would make a real difference. The one day boycott shit is stupid.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
China and India would jus step in and absorb our 'saving' and we'll still be jus as screwed!

TimP

I can tell you I've stepped down consumption for personal use. We probably do half the trips as we used to. We make sure to buy in bulk when we shop. I can't cut down the business use though.....gotta spin the blower to make money. And I can't get out of the lease unless i pay it out so I'm screwed anyhow.

Rex Tyus

I can't cut down the business use though.....

As bad as i hate to admit it, I have actually done that as well. I have dropped the extreme area I once tried to service. They never were profitable but I would usually get referrals off of them that "seemed" to make it worth the effort. Even my regular market is scheduled by Zip Code more now than ever.

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
gas prices

Depends on what city or town you're in... Monday night I filled up and it was $3.55 per gal so I basically worked to fill my gas tank that night! Today it's anywhere from $3.59 to $3.65 p/g for regular.

Rex Tyus

China and India would jus step in and absorb our 'saving' and we'll still be jus as screwed!

Bob it really isn't about supply and demand at this point. There is no shortage. It is a willingness to pay and a perception or SPECULATION issue. We need to SHOCK the markets with a sudden and sustained reduction of usage. Then there will be a downward movement in the price. Americans are the largest consumers of petroleum products. As we go, so goes the market.

Chads

Supportive Member
Its been about $3.91 all week here better go fill up before its way over 4.00 bucks. :evil:

John Watson

$3.57 pr gal here in Sedro-Woolley, WA Costs about a C note for a fill up with a 31 gal tank. Lot of rural areas to travel, we average about $1800 - 2000 worth of job tickets per tank of gas which gives us a cost average of about 5 to 7.5%. Our Clients Understand why we charge a fuel surcharge of $5-15 per job and don't run out just to do estimates anymore If they want an estimate they need to schedule the job, have things ready for us and we will give the cost before we start. Had 3 in the last 2 months same no after we were there. Went and had breakfast before we went to our next scheduled job.

TimP

I just had a customer swear a spot came back and had a smell from urine. I drove about 30 miles round trip to go check it out and there wasn't a thing wrong. A light traffic gray and no smell cause it dried. Go figure :roll: Some people are too picky for their own good, cost me at least 7 bucks but gained a solid customer I suppose.

G

$3.79 yesterday and $3.89 today. I've seen it go up twice in one day here.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I am still ahead of the game. I use to travel 45 miles round trip everyday to work and my wife would go miles out of her way to drop the kids at daycare. I am lucky if I go 20-30 a day and I get to write it off. My wife no longer has to do the roundabout for daycare because there is one .10 of a mile away (I use to have one at my job).

Besides that it went down 15 cents yesterday

cleanex

Over $5.00 here in Ontario and changes by the hour, saying $8.00 by this time next year We have enough crude oil in Canada to last us for ever, they are playing games with us and we are at their mercy.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
I jus spent $144.00 to fill BOTH tanks in my Dually.......the LS6 engine gets about 7MPG....

people are looking at me lik i'm crazy

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
not like, you are but that has no relevance to the price of gas

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
I gotta use that V Power stuff...you pay more at the pump...but make up in the mileage of the vehicle...

One more thing....Shell and Mobil are the only companys that DO NOT use alcohol in their premium gas....

bet yous didn't know that.....

Chris A

Name
Chris
Lol, I was starting to get pissed that diesel prices were getting so high, now gas has almost caught up. I figure my Dodge will have about 15000 miles on it by the time I pay it off.

Spurling

Maybe I should of bought stock in oil .. seems it would be more profitable... I guess the high price of having gas is better than having no gas ..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom