Glides and lift

FastEddie

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't a hole glide dramatically reduce the amount of lift compared to a slot?

Seems that makes sense since the hole glides are easier to push than slots. But then why would the hole dry quicker? Faster slot velocity, but less cfm's and lift?

Mikey P

Administrator
The air travels further out of the holes ( and deeper into the carpet) AND it's so easy to make multiple dry passes..

Personally I think you need a 59 or larger to use a Hole Glide. Smaller blowers will not clean deep enough unless tricked out ala' 2.5 hose and a Bayco or Kunckle.

Fon Johnson

I truly think that Greenie is the only one who really "gets" how the hole glide works. Of course, that DOES stand to reason.. LOL

Ken Harris obviously does NOT have the grasp of aerodynamics that he professes to have either.. :roll:

I think I need a kunkle, some 2.5" hose, and a 2" wand. That would make my little #3 a screamer.. Now, should I push it up to 16" or 17"???? Hmmmmm.. 8)

Greenie

Frank, for your situation, I'm gonna go with hybrid, it has most of the benefits of a hole glide, but picks up small debris.

I know your porty has very high lift, but they are just numbers, I try to look at overall vacuum with portable equipment. In the future if you introduce an inline vacuum booster it will double your cfm, and really make your system scream.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom