Glides

Jtuseo

Name
Big Hoss
I have tried using a Butler made Glide on my butler wand. I feel there is less agitation and the carpets are wetter than when I use no glide. Any ideas on a glide that would work better on this wand. It is a 14 inch 5 jet Butler wand.

Thanks

John

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
no glide that "works" will give as good of agitation as an unglided wand

I'm not familiar with Butler glides, but I'd recommend Greenglides to anyone who's looking for the best

..L.T.A.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Jtuseo said:
So if carpets are dirty the glide comes off?

not for us, we just use more or stronger pre-spray and longer dwell time
(Or add mechanical agitation )

I've never been a "wand scrubber".
I'd much rather use chemistry to make work easier

..L.T.A.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
correct me if I am wrong here but the wand is not made for agitation
it is made for extraction............

I would be willing to bet your wand and glide are more then fine.......
as far as being to wet I am going to go out on a limb and guess that while you are scrubbing the hell (agitation ) out if the carpet with your wand you are keying the trigger............

If I am right try changing the way you clean and take a good look at your pre spray.................if you are working that hard then your pre spray is not doing its job............

Good pre spray ....agitation with a rake or what ever you may use...little dwell ...and slow steady nice uniformed wand strokes....key on the back stroke...................

if I am not right..............then never mind........

I had a glide from butler on my 14" wand, felt my carpets were too wet also. Changed to greenies glide and saw improvement. But when I bought Jeffs greenhorne wand from Pembertons thats when I was at the top of my game. I run my machine always mack 2 , changed the flow to 15 on the jets, run a live reel,lose the 1.5 whip, run 2" vac hose straight to the wand. With the larger vac and high heat the sweet spot is 400 psi residential, 500 commercial. I always pull all hose off reel and constantly change out filter bag. My dry times are great an honest 1-3 hrs. Also get a glide for the upholstery tool, was suprised it does not seem to bring up or make worse soil filtration lines on light carpets,just cleans them with superior drying. I love my Butler, Ron

Johnnyone

Yes Jtuso

Take the Glide off if the carpet are dirty

Your Scrub wand will have more agitation with the metal surface

increase scrubbing for more agitation along with more solution

To get more water out do 2nd dry passes this will get more dirt out and

your drying time will increase. if the carpet is clean use the glide

Bob Foster

huh, why do it the hard way with no glide- that's old school but I know it works. If its that trashed use mechanical agitation or stronger juice.

Use Jim's suggestions. I can't think of very many things that I would ever have to take a glide off for. Change wands to one that has a different glide maybe. I have a wand with a hybrid and one that is slotted.

Have you done much experimenting with different juices?

tman7

Supportive Member
Name
Tony Gillihan
With a slotted glide you still get a bit of agitation (not that there is really all that much without one). And its possible to pick up alot of stuff a holed glide cant.

Speaking of glides, anyone know why www.greenglides.com is down?

Bob Foster

They're up now. They recently moved their operation to a new facility and maybe they were dealing with some IT stuff.

John Watson

In the beginning they were called scrub wands... That was over 35 years ago. Today's wands are rinse tools. Like Larry, Jim and others have said. new modern chemistry works wonders and if extra agitation is needed on my jobs I bought a 12 inch rotary scrubber that is light weight (Helen can pack it) and use it for TA's and other bad areas. Have used it 4 times in the past month.

For me to clean without lips or a glide, As Tommy Smothers said in Spanish "El Toro Crappo" Never happen again.

Farenheit251

I think it is all about find a balance or sweet spot with your system. I have a 25/45 machine w/kunkle,2.5" hose for 80 feetleading to a 2' tubed Greenie wand. The high airflow vacuum allows me to flow more water and heat through the fiber,but glideless is not an option. I'll choose the flow over the agitation of an unglided wand.
Not being able to flow enough water has always been the weak point in hwe. Is it reallly clean or did you remove some and disperse the rest like a bonnet cleaner? I carry white towels on my truck and have gotten in the habbit of rubbing them discreetly on the traffic areas on commercial jobs. Oftentimes a restaurant that looks perfect after cleaning makes the towel black/brown. Happens alot less now with high flow. Brian E

wired

I also have a Butler. For dirty carpets bump up the juice break out the RX20 finish off with Jeffs greenglide wand and always comes out perfect. Im running 2and half inch hose to the door what a difference wow. people are very happy. Then charge them alot. Tell them its cheaper than buying new carpet and they always agree. :D :D

Rex Tyus

not for us, we just use more or stronger pre-spray and longer dwell time
(Or add mechanical agitation )

I've never been a "wand scrubber".
I'd much rather use chemistry to make work easier

..L.T.A.

I am with Larry... again :shock:
Chemistry is our friend.
Soak it till the dirt floats to the top.
Flush and suck it till it is dry.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom