"Go BIG....!!!!! & Stay SMALL.....????"

joe harper

Name
joe harper
THAT IS THE :?:

Is there anyone on the board....that would reccomend using the MONSTER TRUCKS....
The "Vortex or Areo-Tech".....as a multi-truck operation....????

By "multi-truck"...I mean 3 or more UNITS.... :!:

Other than a Water Restoration & 90% Commercial....."Is it Viable.?"

EVERY MONSTER OWNER...."I know, are afraid to turn the units over to employees.".. :shock:

LETS HEAR IT......................

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I use a Powerclean Genesis and I think it is too large of a machine. I think any company using slide ins for employees to use is just plain foolishness.

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
If the employees receive adequate training and have knowledge I think its definitely a smart choice.

If people can learn to fly to the moon, they can certainly learn to clean carpet with a powerful machine.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
HARPER said:

Is there anyone on the board....that would reccomend using the MONSTER TRUCKS....

EVERY MONSTER OWNER...."I know, are afraid to turn the units over to employees.".. :shock:

Joe you of all people should know that they are the only true dual wand machines. You use a truck with 2 slide-ins !gotcha! because you realise that's what you need to dual wand without one. So sure, if I ever expanded to simply having a chimp I would look at an Aero-Tech because dual wanding is so fast and efficient. That or two slide-ins. And a fleet ot Aero-Techs and fifty chimps would be ideal.
But for me working alone a powerful single operator unit is best.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Hey Art, You do realize you can buy 2 vans and machines for the same price or less than a V or AT?

F

FB7777

kind of a rhetorical question

that debate was determined a few bankruptcies ago

reference the pic up top :twisted:

the REAL question is who's gonna be the poor sap that buys that fixerupper when Mikey throws in the towel :?:

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
HARPER said:

Well........Cintas is arming it's new carpet cleaning division with AT's, I believe. That means sending troopies out there with these big, bad machines. I'm sure most of their work will be commercial.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
IT just seems a little ODD.....

That the END result of purchasing these MONSTER units....for production...!

IN reality has a "hand-cuffing" effect....to the OWNERS....!

Initially with the large investment..
Then the cost of operation & maintenance..
BUT...inevitability with the owner...struggling to GET OFF THE TRUCK...from the fear of turning the
unit over to an employee...?

ps..Not being a HarPerCriT here..."I also have questioned my decision of the purchase also.?"

pps... "The sucessful operators of these units are "ALL"...still functioning as single operators..."

The DANGER in that scenario IS...."What happens when you NO longer can hump the wand..?"

joe harper

Name
joe harper
RW...

Cintas...will not last very long in their venture... :oops:

IT didn't take long for ZERO-REZ to learn their lesson... :oops:

MY questions ....are is it viable in the residential market..? "IN THE CURRENT MARKET"

Name
BradFenstermaker
Hey Joe I am a single truck op. But my occasional helper can run my older V easier than the Powermatic I had.

Check with aerotech about the guy with orange trucks. Seen him selling older units on there site. Actually Clean or something like that.

Whoever this guy is he has a fleet of big trucks. They might put you in touch.

I love my V except for fuel consumption. Long drive days are tuff. If you can tighten the schedule by route's you will be fine.

Anything over 3 rms can get double teamed.

Dave Rampage

I have had employees and been an owner operator with my AT. It works great either way. I have 111,000 miles on it and 4,000 hours and it has been problem free. All summer my 13 year old son and I duel cleaned with it and now every Saturday we do..

I told him last Saturday he has no idea how lucky he is to clean with this machine. It is so much easier and efficient to work out of. I wish he could clean with a butler for a day so he can really appreciate it.

I would never think of working with another brand with 1 truck or 100 trucks.

Dave

Dave Rampage

I also forgot to say Mike may have had a lot of issues with his but his machine was I think the first machine FMI built and they just tried to copy AT's trucks. The AT's are very reliable.

Dave

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
I must be a little slow but I still can't understand how a big truck that you have to climb into to get all your supplies out can be easier to work out of. I know you can carry more and have it all organized but I have no trouble getting everything I need into my extended 3500 and it's all within arms reach, except the rotovac and the 175 which only comes out occasionally.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
There is some sense to what the old crab is saying here. :p Overall, you do limit yourself if you are trying to go multi truck as soon as possible.

I have had some helpers run the truck solo over the years, but I wasn't real comfortable with it. The truck has actually only once in 1800 hours become totally unoperable on the job (blown bearing in PTO). I would feel much more comfortable with 2 crew members on the truck. More so to make it efficient enough to limit the wear and tear on the unit and use it to its potential. I like 2 on the job for many other reasons as well. Making the jump from me and PT helper to 2 full time crew members is a big jump. Probably the biggest part is I don't want 2 more headaches at this point.

My biggest decision is what to do with after 5 years. Keep trucking along or sell it and invest in something else. I am unsure at this point.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
HARPER said:

Unless you find a GOOD used one Vortex is not even in the equation...but never the less.....I love the larger truck for a bunch of reasons ..but there is no way I would ever go back to that type of machine...I liked it..and it did everything that I needed it to do and got me where I wanted to go....but the P.T.O. I would never go back to....after going around that tree...I have found that the larger truck with a good slide in is much more efficient...and with the ones out on the market today ..you can still duel wand with them if needed....(a side from the fuel tap)...I like the machine separate from the truck and the cab separate from the box......

Mike Draper

to bad the AT's arent a little taller. When I first planned my build I was going to get a custom box made that was shorter like the AT, now I'm glad I kept it tall, It sooooo nice to be able to walk in my truck for everything.

P1000954.jpg

Mike Draper

The guys at AT are awesome to work with. They will build you anything if you gots the $$$. They have gone out of their way to help me with little parts here and there on my custom truck. Dave, why dont you post a pic of your truck?

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
We can duel with our Butlers anytime, though for big commercial jobs would rather send 2 and hit from two entry points. I cleaned my ex's carpet last week and was set up and cleaning by myself within 3 minutes (maybe less) of pulling in the driveway, Not sure how that would be accomplished with a box truck.

Mike Draper

Ken Snow said:
We can duel with our Butlers anytime, though for big commercial jobs would rather send 2 and hit from two entry points. I cleaned my ex's carpet last week and was set up and cleaning by myself within 3 minutes (maybe less) of pulling in the driveway, Not sure how that would be accomplished with a box truck.
TMI Ken! :shock:

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I guess I should have said I couldn't do it when I was 22 and we had a small fleet of box trucks and I was cleaning every day. It took two to 3 times as long to set up and wasn't worth the climbing. If you can do it and incremental find value in the big truck that is cool.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Brian R said:
I'm just glad you chaps are finally coming around to my way of thinking.

Yer welcome. !gotcha!

"YOU"...are one of the FEW..!!!
That ..I believe a BIG truck...would be PERFECT for.... :shock:

With your OCD... :idea:
You could employ 2 helper's.."crank-out" 7 to 8 jobs a day...
"Greet the client...Up-sell the job...Go sit in your mobile office in the truck...Inspect the Job...
collect the check...Kiss the clients ass/ while the men wrap-up...and HIT THE BANK...." 8)

Your REAL value is the personal connection with the client... !gotcha!
You could have the BEST of both worlds...!!!! Customer retention, Quality control, & BIG TICKET'S..!
You would have your 6 figure job...and minimum STRESS..."Actually take weekends OFF.!!" 8)

Your Welcome...!

Back
Top Bottom