Google Links??

• Sure why not.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No way they invade my space.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mikey P

Administrator
Would you all up and quit if we placed 2 or 3 Google links at the bottom of the page?

Hopefully companies like Jon Don, BP and Olsen's would link up with us. I think it's do able. I would not place them all over the page like some sites do just on the very bottom and no more then 3 links at a time, as small as possible.

According to Dan @ Pro Cleaners network he is bringing in @ $80 a month with his limited traffic.

I imagine we could do a bit better.

Name
Bruce
I say sure why not. Like I've said before those adds can be placed so they are not taking up anymore space then what you are already taking up.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely. Mike one of your big USP's for this site was that it would be for cleaners and no advertising. I think this will be a slippery slope you are going down that will make it harder and harder to maintain your integrity in this regard.

An exception would be if you only allowed non- cleaning related advertisers, but I am not sure you can do that.

How does the math work if you gain 80$ a month and lose 500-1000 if people feel they should no longer pay if being subjected to advertising?

Ken

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
or just let the advertisers (as few as there would be) know that someone, may talk alot of smack on their product...and that they can deal with it or not advertise...

It could help the board and/or the advertisers...orrrrrr

it could hurt some advertisers...IE lookie at ACE

A. wilson

I don't care for the idea. Starting to look alot like advertising, no how much you want to paint it as something otherwise. Next thing you know somebody will be putting pressure on to suit their needs.

Will I quit here or lose sleep over it?

No.

TimM

Supportive Member
Name
Tim Magaw
How about if you had a way that supporting members had the option to disable the ads and free members had to see the ads. :roll:

TimM

Supportive Member
Name
Tim Magaw
I have been in other chat places were they had that option, the only way to get rid of the ads were to pay for a membership.

Name
Bruce
I don't think you have a choice in who is advertising in the "ads by google" . It's not like some company would be paying mike out of pocket for advertising. And if that's the case then I would like to change my vote.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
A. wilson said:
Next thing you know somebody will be putting pressure on to suit their needs.

That already happens.

There's been a couple large players in the industry that have whined and cried about things I've post as well other posts

YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!

If you have a problem with something I say, TALK TO ME
YOU CRY BABIES

I don't care about ads, the problem is when you become addicted to the revenue they generate.
THAT'S when start sliding down the slippery slope

..L.T.A.

Mikey P

Administrator
I was told that another CC site makes between 200 and 400 a month via Google ads.

And I would guess it gets far less traffic then MB does.

I dont think many of realize just how time consuming this Board has become.
My wife has grown quite tired of it to be frank. If I could show her a savings account or something that comes out of this project I would be able to calm her down a bit.

So unless Hagopian wants to sponsor the board I just may give it a try.

After a week you wouldn't even see them and since they are placed randomly and a new ad pops up with each reload, I highly doubt any complaints would happen from the "advertisers". It's not like Jon Don or BP would always be on, if at all.

-JB-

Name
JB
That's why your name is at the top dood!

Do what you need to, your marriage/wife's happiness is way more important than this board is. :wink:

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I think you got the input and it was against. It is your BB and do what ever you want with it. I would look at why and who we come to talk to and if you lost some key people the BB would fold like a house of cards. You have some very good personalities as well as industry greats posting everyday comfortably. I would talk it over with the important people(your moderators, family) and make that decision based on who may leave and who may not. The whole USP well your not really selling in my opine your just giving charity to us CC. I would rather raise a supporting to $7 or $10 a month than see a branded board.

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
take the money, give it to jb

but dont do an even and fold to pressure from ad people if they dont like what we say , tell them where to go

this is our place to vent, bitch and moan

dallasdj

If you treat this as a business, and you should considering its time consumption, then sponsored links are appropriate.

Don't be concerned so much with every ones opinion, this monster you created looks to be bigger than you anticipated.

Right now this is the best board, those who don't like your ideas have nowhere else to go.

I'd consider this an investment and 401K plan.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
How many supporting members now?. You'd think you'll be doing better soon since you were at Connections.

There may be a drop in membership if you advertise though but that's your call.

Albert

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Maybe I'm wrong but I thought the idea "supporting members" was to generate revenues in place of ad revenues. Personally, if I'm going to be subjected to ads then I see no reason to pay to be a member of the sight.

diamond brian

I'll echo Snow's opinion. If you allow this board to profit from advertisers, there will be no earthly way to moderate from a neutral standpoint.

Some aspiring board administrator, somewhere, will manage to replicate the old (current) "grassroots" MB, and grow his BB audience at your expense.

IMO, your biggest strength is that people like you (Lord knows why). Why not use this strength to create big opportunities, rather than screw it all up for a few hundred bucks a month?

G

Mikey:
This is for sure now a part time job, and no longer just a hobby!
And If your wife is like any other wife, then she is right about wanting
you to at lest make some decent money, if your going to add a part-
time job on top of your all ready full-time job!
So if your going to take time away from your family, THEN MAKE SURE
YOU MAKE SOME GOOD MONEY!
& DO WHAT EVER WORKS BEST FOR YOU!

CHEERS! AL

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom