Google question

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
I moved a month ago and changed my Google address, but the card with the pin number hasn't shown up in the mail yet, how long is the usual waiting time?

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
They've sped that time up considerable lately, longest I've had someone have to wait is a week. Wait the 14 days and if you haven't received it then request another one. Make sure everything is updated at the post office about your address change too. If you don't receive it the second time give them a call.

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
Are you ranking high on google places results? Once you get the new pin activated it should place you back up there.

Lately I've noticed Google Places Search Rankings doing something different. Our analytics shows a major drop in them yet still getting high traffic from search results.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
I moved to the next town east, not very far.

Still servicing the same areas.

There may be some benefits in NOT changing your addresses right now, and not volunteering information to the Googleman that contradicts everything else he sees on the Internet regarding your location across likely thousands of different sites and directories.

Conflicting information MAY lead to fluctuations or changes in your ranking that are not in your favor which may be long-term.

Would you survive a long-term ranking hit?

Which location is localized to the bigger potential market?

Two separate virtual identities may lead to more exposure across a bigger area than just one, and avoid rocking the boat.

Not many reasons you have to rush to change it.

Lot's of different ways you can play it.

Anybody else go through an address change lately?

pre_spray

Name
Stirling
You can always build several other websites, use friends addresses, and get google verification so you can dominate your market ; ). Have each in a surrounding county for your main target city

Reactions: Mikey P

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
You can always build several other websites, use friends addresses, and get google verification so you can dominate your market ; ). Have each in a surrounding county for your main target city

Until Google sees that you have multiple residential addresses and then they start requiring documentation and pics of signage as proof.

pre_spray

Name
Stirling
If you supe up your profile by adding a logo, lots of written content, good photos, you should be in the clear. They won't see that YOU have multiple addresses because each listing will appear as their own entity. know what i mean?

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Yes - but I've been doing internet marketing long enough to know that eventually weird things happen like listings becoming unverified and Google emailing the account attached to the Google My Business saying they need pictures and business license proof.

Can you get away with it? Yeah, maybe. But Penguin 4.0 is now real time and Google hired a lot of people to start doing manual verification of information like this.

You could make it work with actual commercial locations so long as another company in the same category doesn't have an address, but residential addresses they're really cracking down on. I've had 15 people this year that we had to get creative with their secondary "locations"

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I let Hoody take care of it when I moved. Some things it is just better to let the professionals take care of.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom