GREAT NEWS !!!!!

Hydamaster is mfg truck mounts for chem dry.

Everyone with a truck mount now has the CD method of cleaning carpets.

I think they have stepped in it.

judson

TimP

I got a hydramaster and an RX. Now I need some natural or whatever they call it and I'll be a chemdry rip off.....hopefully I wont get sued.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Maybe I am not on the same page so correct me if I am wrong........

but we have 2 that I know of.chem dry guys here in town running a modified CDS for about 3 years

is this the same machine or is there a different one.......

Greenie

I'm not aware of a CDS being set up to CD specs, there are two slide ins set up, based off of the Maxx 450 and the SpitFire, they've had these for quite some time, and running portables with their PowerHead (RX20) long before that. In their marketing literature it's not HWE, it's HCE Hot Carbonating Extraction, HWE at 150 psi.

If you want to run some juice and fell like ChemDry, give The Ebberts a call at Carbonating Solutions, they post here sometimes.

Rex Tyus

So the way I understand it,

Turn down the psi to Bane specs
Turn down the heat
Restrict the vacuum
inject some greenhouse gas
scrub a dub dub?

Does that about cover it?

TimP

Rex you probably need two chem pick ups so that you can mix the stuff to make the CO2 bubbles. Like in that Chem-dry video it will bring about half the the raisins in your floor to the top....awesome huh.

T

The Magician

The 2 Cd's here are rag spinners. Rarely see them and they are not friendly.

Rex Tyus

I never did get that raisin video to play on my pos computer. I did however see that weak ass rx demo the CD guys were sooo proud of. I don't think anyone other than a bonnet buffer was impressed with that one. :roll:

Greenie

There is merit to Carbonation, but the question at hand is there merit to carbonation after it's been mixed for 2 hours, runs through a series of HX, down 150' of solution line and sprayed on a carpet?

The old Velda style portys had two solution tanks and lines that mixed the juice at the wand, todays Truckmounted CD units use a one part emulsifier...is it the same chemical reaction?

The truck looks the same, the tech looks the same, the equip. looks the same, how is the customer supposed to know the difference?

One lil' tid bit of info that is helpful for the HWE guy is the CD fellow is probably paying 3X what you are for the same juice on a day to day scale, and 25% more for his equipment, those profits have to come from somewhere? And if he don't purchase $xxx each month he'll be on the bad boy list.

How many 5 year CD fellows are gonna stay with that program and renew the contract, at some point they are done witht eh newbie training and the "system" and just make a break for it, and walk away since they don't actually own anything, it's not easy to walk and start anew, but it happens.....at least they are free.

TimP

You can see price lists for their cleaning through their website. In an area around here they are 119 min at $50 a room (200 sq ft if over that's another room ) no inbetween so they could be as high as .50 a ft if you're at 201 ft. 112 for a sofa, 55 for a recliner. They are a bit higher than me. But I charge more fairly I think. But do the bubbles clean olefin loop pile???

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Hydramaster has been making the unit for several years. It's a version of their smallest slide-in modified to inject carbonated water to the solution line. It doesn't matter if this makes any difference for cleaning purposes, it's all about the unique marketing for CD.

As an aside, I don't understand why anyone would be angry at a manufacturer for selling a product to a customer. I'd only gripe if HM spent so much time and energy building the CD unit that it impacted how long I'd have to wait to get my machine.

Every manufacturer would like to get a large order, just like you would. I'm certain that if I contracted with any truckmount manufacturer to purchase a hundred machines they would build them with the blower on the roof if I wanted it there. Gripe at me if I tried to tell customers there was some cleaning magic to a blower on the roof, but don't blame the supplier.

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
Good post Oz, but the CD CTS-450 and CTS-330 do not INJECT carbon dioxide into the water. These machines have upwards of 4-12 tanks(pepsi style) sitting next to them. These tanks are pressurized by a compressor, that replaces the pump that we HWE cleaners know as common place. The pressurized tanks push the water through the system, and regulate the amount of water pressure a tech can add. Cause, quite frankly, a newbie tech might jack the PSI up knowing it cleans better. With CD, its all about USP and flow. Their version of the RX, utilizes 02 or 03 jets in a cone patter. The tools put down alot more water, but at less PSI, sound familiar?

The heat on these machines are good and the vacuum is a 45 and 33 respectively.

But, just like greenie said. They look the same and act the same....what does the custy know?

No need to knock HM that they build their machines. That would be like blaming my company for getting a cleaning contract on all the local stip clubs. Who cares, as long as my integrity, values and family are not jeopordized and I am using fair tactics...its all about money at that point.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Certainly everyone wants a 'big order' or a large contract. But what happens when your best contract/customer has such a large percentage of your total sales that your company will suffer a serious hit if you lose that contract/customer? Then you might as well be owned by your customer...that's bad business, and bad business causes good people to make bad decisions.

Who cares, as long as my integrity, values and family are not jeopardized and I am using fair tactics...its all about money at that point.

Remember this statement and stay tuned... this industry as we know it will not be the same in a year or two. As it looks from here, that will be a good thing.

Take care,
Lisa

Becker

Name
Becker
I saw my 1st Hydramaster TM at the HM plant about 3 or 4 years ago.

Big deal. You would be amazed what companies make what for other companies.

Ya think the other big players were not right there bidding for the chance to build for one of the largest carpet cleaning franchises in the county?

Rex Tyus

It is not the fact that Hydra master builds units for CD that bothers me. It is the way they take independents for granted. Put all the units they sell to CD together and it will be a fraction of the total units sold to independents. I truly think they forget that. That is my problem with them. They make snide remarks about glides and panacea.. bla bla. I am still pissed about that.

I want another drimaster but I will be damned if I buy one. An rx 20 would be a good USP (still not convinced they clean better than my Green horn) but they can keep that bitch too. :evil: Just wanted to let ya know why I feel the way I do.

Chem Dry

i state again....My post has nothing to do with Hydramaster,

Question..Is the carpet dry when they leave job?

If not their very name might be a fraud.

It has been 15 years since i have been active in this industry,I am learning whats going on from you guys,Excuse some dumb questions.

The most ridiculous item I have seen since being here is their chicken shit lawsuit against GREENIE.What is their money interest in protecting a wand glide.Nothing,

The hell raised over the CRI brought them down,maybe it is time to expose Chem Dry for what they are.

Judson

OOPS

Please edit my previous post where I stated the name Chem Dry is Fraud to The name Chem Dry MIGHT be a fraud.

I know how to play the shyster game. Been there--Done that.

Leave GREENIE alone I will shut up.

judson

CD

A friend in need is a friend indeed.

How about 1000 people on their ass full time.

Mention them to everyone you come in contact with,don't lie just tell the
truth about their claims.

I promise you we get their attention.

Leave GREENIE alone......I will shut up.

judson

Rex Tyus

Judson shares much wisdom. Have you ever noticed in many CD ads they regularly point out "steam cleaning" is a misnomer it is actually hot water extraction? What hypocrisy. Anyone with a CD engaging in untruthful advertising in their area should answer with the truth:

DRY IS A LIE. IT IS CARBONATED WATER!!!

G

You know guys. Chem dry may be a total jackass company. How ever saying that. I have met a lot of franchise guys over the years. Most of them are nice people , some are not just like any biz.

I have found that becoming friends with franchisee's has given me a better advantage in the market place. Do not demonize all the chemdry people. Some bought franchises and work there ass of like you and me. KNow HR is another story.

LISA I need you to call me please. I tried th PM all day yesterday and an email. I never got a response. Please call me as soon as you can. this is a good thing. 940-642-2503
nick

Rex Tyus

Good info Nick and I agree with you. That is why I said

Anyone with a CD engaging in untruthful advertising in their area should answer with the truth:

I wouldn't want to label them all the same. I have met both ends of the spectrum. I personally don't have a chemdry in any of the markets I serve. I just get a kick out of some of their ads and out right erroneous statements. I think to myself how can an independent in that market not respond to the bullshit?

Hone Depot

Email Home Depot,tell them you are going to boycot them until they have this unfair lawsuit dropped.

Leave GREENIE alone.....I will shut up.

PROTEST

PROTEST HOME DEPOT AND WATCH THE BIG GUY SQUIRM.

LES

HOMEPEPOT.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom