greenhorn wand

Greenie

Marty was referring to outfitting his prochem titanium wand.

A Greenhorn has perfectly balanced and spaced jet placement, it's a different animal.

I still favor more jet overlap from jet to jet as jets strike much harder in the center of their spray pattern, you really need at least a 30% overlap between jets to keep the spray impact even.

But Marty's approach will reduce End Overspray. That said, a dry pass will take care of it anyways, so not everyone needs to jet their Ti wands like Marty has done.

hogjowl

Idiot™
BS ... the GreenHorn wand oversprays just like the Titanium wand does when you have 110's all the way across.

Dry passes are fine if you don't mind spending 1/3 more time doing the job.

Name
Nate W.
admiralclean said:
BS ... the GreenHorn wand oversprays just like the Titanium wand does when you have 110's all the way across.

Dry passes are fine if you don't mind spending 1/3 more time doing the job.

That's like taking a sh!t and not wiping your @ss..... :lol:

Greenie

Jeez, you are incorrigible.

I said the GH has better (actually perfect) Jet SPACING.

And yes, if you run 110s all the way across with a glide, you will get that wispy mist of overspray on the far ends.
For every "no dry pass" guy there is a "I want to clean all the way to the edge" guy, not just "mist the edges"...of course those guys are willing to do a dedicated DRY pass.

There are aftermarket "clip on" teflon spray guards avail. but you have to remove them at the end of eahc job, but they work, but you are probably gonna bitch about bumping them and knocking them off...I know, I know...but a solution does exist for the commercial no dry pass guy.

Now...as for the mixed jet selection, I was gonna let that pass, but I feel it's worth a mention.
an 80 degree jet on a Ti wand with extensions will put down X amount of water across a 2" path. a 95 jet will put that same amount across a 2.5" path, and a 110 jet will do the same volume of water across a 3" path.
As long as you are happy with the uneven disbursement of flow...fine. At least your edges won't be "overspraying" I guess.

I know, I know...what do you know Greenbean, you don't clean carpet....blah blah blah...tell it to chuckie, I don't want to hear it.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
I guess I will stick with my 6 jet with 95's spaced evenly across the 14 inches because it cleans all the way to the edge and it doesn't over spray.

What's worse? A hack who does not vacuum? Or a hack who vacuums and doesn't do dry strokes.

N

nwhmbiz

I dry stroke all ways it's a habit but a good one. I here it from new customers all the time saying how fast the carpets dry.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Man, I will have to do a video to show you nimrods how to do a proper dry stroke that is incorporated into your regular stroke.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
WJMorgan3 said:
Can you make your video with Mrs. Robinson doing that...? :p

Naaaah...her "Jacket Monkeys" (thanks Bob) just get in the way and she ends up doing half moon shaped triangles.

:wink:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom