Gremlins play in with my rotovac 360i BH

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
I was standing 10 feet away from my 360i when the motor decides to turn on and rotate on its own. :eekk:
It almost hit a glass door but an ottoman was in the way and knocked the 360i on its side.:dejection:

Before this happened the "drive" trigger would stay stuck ON and i would have to pull the trigger a few times to get the motor to shut off. At first I figured this was a feature but now seems to be a defect.

Anyone else have this happen? What could it be? I'll call rotovac later.

Rotovac

Name
Nick
John, loosen the power trigger nut. If its too tight it can cause the trigger to stick on. If that doesn't work call me.

Reactions: Papa John

steve_64

Reminds me of when my buffer trigger would stick on. The handle pinned me into the wall and I just held in tight until the drive plate broke into pieces.
I fixed it after that.

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
Mine on my old 360i did that. I started only plugging it in when I was holding on to it. Ended up replacing the switch.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
The button switch is held inside and outside by two nuts. Open the handle and adjust it so the button goes into the handle another 1/8”. No more than that, or it may not turn on properly when you squeeze the handle. It has a sweet spot, not too far out and not too far in. Sounds like yours is too far out, or the inside nut has loosened.

Easy fix, ten minutes.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Some may wonder why I find "Yankee" talk hard to understand??

"It has a sweet spot, not too far out and not too far in. Sounds like yours is too far out, or the inside nut has loosened." :headscratch:

Will tightening his loose nut fix that?? :icon_redface::icon_rolleyes:

I'm confused, never, ever, have I had a problem with my 360i that you describe.

:yoda:

Reactions: Old Coastie

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Always been my fear with 175...thats why i lay them down..

steve_64

Always been my fear with 175...thats why i lay them down..
I've put a couple buffers through walls. Nothing some drywall mud and paint can't fix. But I was near windows and on the 5th floor when that trigger stuck. It could've been ugglier than it was.

Reactions: DAT

Rob Grady

Name
Rob Grady
I change all my RV trigger switches to a push on/off configuration. I also run a shut-off valve on the end of my lead HP line. When I engage to clean a section of carpet it is continuous flow for 5-10 minutes at a time. All I do is just guide the unit.
Shut off flow and re-vacuum dry.
Move to next section and repeat.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom