Grout Perfect use and coverage?

Name
Jesse
Roughly how many sf does a gallon cover? 4" restroom tiles with 1/8" grout.

Is there any traffic situation where this colorseal won't hold up? I've got bunch of hi traffic restrooms that get as much abuse as is possible in a retail setting.

Thanks

RickL

Mikey P said:
A lot of that depends on how sloppy you are with your application.

Mike's right , how sloppy are you, how well did you clean the grout and how high are the grout lines , but I'd get at least 500 sq ft out of a pint.

SJA

I would say about 1500 sf per gallon. A lot depends on how effecient you are at applying.

SJA

You should explain that there is a difference between how long the product will last and how long the floor will look good for. Once the floor has been colorsealed ... it will look great. The better that they take care of it ... the longer it will look good for.

If they are mopping a lot ... the grout will get dirty ... but the dirt will be on top of the sealer and can easily be riinsed and extracted. I think that you need to explain that sealining the grout does not mean that the grout will never get dirty.

You can set up a maintenance contract that meets their needs (quarterly, annually, etc) ... regardless, you will need to rinse and extract from time to time and even skim coat the floor again. Keep in mind that once you have colorsealed the floor ... future applications should take a fraction of the time.

SJA

Yes, that is perfect. Always pay attention and test first ... but you can go up to 800 psi.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom