Hand tufted faux silk rug

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
We are debating on cleaning this one or not, have not cleaned this type of rug before..

It is a hand tufted faux silk rug, no urine problems, or staining, they just want it deep cleaned. Does anyone know the suggested cleaning process for this type of rug?

rug.jpg

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Rayon and mercerized cotton used in those rugs are very weak when wet. they will not support their own weight when wet so the pile tends to just lay flat and mat down.

Gentle on the agitation and expect the need for a lot of on-going grooming throughout the rinse and drying process.

Reactions: Papa John

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
Encap 02 sprayed lighting agitated in with soft silk bristles and we were going to use HOST compound lightly to absorb the moisture and clean. Good call?

Ron K

Could any one who responded to this post please explain how any of the processes you stated is DEEP Cleaning.

Reactions: Willy P

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
You won't be deep cleaning this rug unless you can find someone with a Moore roller machine, so you're going to want to clean it with a truck mount. Use a chemical that is safe for wool and you'll be OK.

The biggest problem with this rug is the poor tuft bind that is a combination of poor quality latex and slippy/weak when wet rayon. If you soak it or use any kind of brush agitation you're likely to be buying the customer a replacement.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Hey now!

Nothing wrong with sponges. I just don't think this is the best application for their use and with his limited experience with fake crap rugs I would be more cautious than concerned about a good bath for the rug. From the photo it looks to be in good condition and just needs a little freshening up. Thorough deep, no. But sometimes you are limited by your systems, your ability and of course the construction of the piece.

Oz I was at Woodard's last Friday and they mention how nice DA Burns operation is!
No, I didn't admit I know you. I didn't want them to think badly of me! :icon_razz:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
What happened to the time proven tradition of referring the cleaning of rugs you're most likely to end up buying, to your competition?
555038_10151843623033761_800418150_n.jpg

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Isn't it business 101?
How to buy less rugs and eliminate the competition? It's in Steve's 1000 (and more) negative moments of truth. AKA- "A walk with Steve on the dark side".

OK, Richard, admit it. How many of your current home furnishings are a result of NOT adhering to the above policy?

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
We cleaned it yesterday after listening to Scott's advise, the rug turned out fine. Great brighten to it as well from the 02 and pc45 combo. Hell no we don't use a truck mount, we don't need to waste water here in Vegas or have dirty hoses running through customers home leaving carpet wet for 6 hours and drying up looking like shit again. I guess that's why our HOST/02 agitation VLM system has afforded us to expand to our 3rd truck and 3 new staff. Not to mention the 42 - 50 calls we get a day. Business is rockin! :)

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
"OK, Richard, admit it. How many of your current home furnishings are a result of NOT adhering to the above policy?"
Haven't bought a rug but have several pieces of upholstery. None at home, they recovered the piece or kept the settled amount. Mostly damage from tears or breaks when cleaning a couple of color damaged pieces in there two.

Really not too bad for 47-years. But we are very careful!

Reactions: ruff

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
That material is so thick and plush for a reason. If it is not it won't last. So why not clean it as normal. Allot of unusual suggestions.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
What happened to the time proven tradition of referring the cleaning of rugs you're most likely to end up buying, to your competition?
We've offered our services to several local carpet cleaners and they insist they are able to clean rugs themselves. They have NO idea how much soil we remove before we even begin washing. But they are certified cc so what can you do?

rhyde

Name
rhyde
We wash tufted shag rugs like this from time to to time usually pet urine that any other
method is a waste of time. Some turn out great and some are junk afterwards with the primary issue being the adhesive used.
It helps to get as much moisture out before drying and dry face down wicking any adhesive to the back

Reactions: KevinL

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom