Hard Surface Question

SFC

I have a T&G question.

We are bidding on a job. The area is the service area for a dealership. The grout and tiles are very greasy. We have our normal alkaline and acid cleaners but we aren't sure of what is going to get that grout clean considering the amount of grease that has been washed into the grout. I suspect something on the orange side but I am looking for suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

By the way, they would like us to seal it as well. ( don't think that this will work unless the grout is clean.

Have you tried to do a demonstration area and see how what you have works? You wont know for sure until you try it. What are their expectations: Are they wanting cleaning or restoration? Are they looking for brand new looking tile? After a demo of your normal techniques, they may be happy with what you have. Just a suggestion.

RickL

I'm with Shaun on this. Do a demo to and find out their expectations and to
make sure there's no wax or other substance on the floor. If it's real
bad I would use a stripper like Bare Bones and then acid. Also make sure you
tell them that if it's real dirty it'll only be 70 to 85% improvement if they want perfect then
you will have to color seal it.

fresh1

use texcon 4800 its the best in the industry. I clean tire stores with it

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
had a restaurant i had to use a puddy knife to scrape all the grease outa the grout lines before i scrubbed with a grout brush.. and extracted with 1200 psi..

good luck..

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I'd say to get any strong degreaser you have on hand. Home depot or a car parts place. Then acid. I agree with testing beforehand. Scrub with 175 may help (test).

Albert

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom