hazing on tile

customer called and asked if i could remove hazing on her porcilin tile she recently, had in stalled. the problem i'm facing is that the hazing is from the epoxy grout that was used, industrial grade.what are some suggestions to remove this type of hazing. so far customer already tried rinsing with an acid rinse and sponge that didn't work- she said.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Epoxy has to be cut with alkaline. Use a strong stripper, dwell, scrub, steam. May have to do twice depending on how thick. Heat is good. NO ACID.

We did 20,000 sq ft of it 2 yrs ago. It ain't easy, but it works.

the hazing is on the tile, not on the grout. can i still use the method previously recommended. so, basically use a strong stripper let it dwell can i use a rotary with black pad to scrub and then rinse with hot water.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
prestige cleaner said:
the hazing is on the tile, not on the grout. can i still use the method previously recommended. so, basically use a strong stripper let it dwell can i use a rotary with black pad to scrub and then rinse with hot water.

Yep, as hot as you can get it. Test that black pad on the tile to make sure it won't damage it - it shouldn't but make sure before you go to town.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom