He used acetone, and it was squishy…

Name
Jeff T
I Shyte you not, first job today, the elderly lady said the carpet was so wet, water was squishing between her toes as she walked on the carpet, and that he told her he was using acetone to clean the carpet….

The carpet was ‘wet and stinky for 5 days, and the noxious fumes from the acetone caused me migraines, and I kept my windows and doors open the entire time to help air it out’….

Not exactly the feedback a guy wants from a customer….

My question is ; WTF is this guy doing????

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I Shyte you not, first job today, the elderly lady said the carpet was so wet, water was squishing between her toes as she walked on the carpet, and that he told her he was using acetone to clean the carpet….

The carpet was ‘wet and stinky for 5 days, and the noxious fumes from the acetone caused me migraines, and I kept my windows and doors open the entire time to help air it out’….

He might have been using acetone as a spotter. It can be a good solvent, other than its odor, flammability and tendency to discolor nylon.

I'd not use it.

The squishiness was just the usual result of poor equipment maintenance and poor technique I'm sure.

Why he told the customer what he did is beyond me. Sometimes cleaners think they know what they are talking about; sometimes its just random BS they spout to sound intelligent.

I knew a guy who would tell people that his rotary scrubber had an "extractovator" that pulled all the dirt up through the microfiber pad and into what was really the motor housing. He said that he emptied it back at the plant.

People will believe most anything..........

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Are you sure it was a reward and not a punishment?

reward should have been in the "sarcasm purple"

Its a general term I use for death.

I also say, at times, "they went the way of all flesh"

Just another one of my annoying figures of speech.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Lee Stockwell

SamIam

Name
sam miller

Getting high like someone's Alabama cousin cooking moonshine

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
That’s funny. I was sucking water with my PEX yesterday and of course sailing along I pulled the hose loose😡Damn it! I could tell😂 I’m a 1%er🤣

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom