Hello, New member here.

G

My name is Andrew Keebler. I am from Pearisburg Virginia and I now live in Rock Hill NC. I work for AandA Carpet Dry Clean. I have been a technican for about three months. The company has been around for about 14 yrs. I am considering a carreer in carpet cleaning and would like to know all there is about it. We use a dry sponge methid and we sometimes use a hand held water machine for upholstry. I found this site in a magazine about carpet cleaning.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Don't be too sensitive to the remarks that will follow. These guys are good people, but you've unwittingly set yourself up for some tough love. (Not in a danny kinda way.)

G

Its the dry sponge method. It has small granule sponges that are spread around and into the carpet. I dont think I have had any problems with pet stains. I go out with another technican on most jobs. He handles the tough spots. I am still learning it so I do the big open areas and move peoples stuff. I am more of a helper than a technican. but Im learning.

I guess that most people use steam cleaners.

hogjowl

Idiot™
We're all mostly hot water extraction cleaners. We have a few low moisture cleaners here, but virtually no real dry cleaners ... like you.

Nothing wrong with what you're doing. Somebody has to make the rest of us look good.

G

It works pretty good. Most people who call us dont like steam cleaners. I had a steam cleaner clean my moms house and it was wet and smelly for a week. but it was real cheap, like 60 dollars. He didnt clean all of the den because his hose wasnt long enough.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom