Help removing Stone Tech Heavy Duty Sealer turning white .

L

lincoln

I used this sealer on one other job after cleaning grout on a kitchen floor. Sealed grout around four tiles and the sealer after about 10 minutes started turning white. I followed directions to the tee, wipe up excess etc but I have to tell you this took hours of scrubbing cleaning and drying to remove it. Stone Tech says to reapply sealer scrub and remove or mix a solution of Kleenz to remove it. I have to say there smoking crack because it does not work very well at least not in a reasonable period of time. They say it was the grouts fault.

Here is my problem. Just cleaned very large kitchen, hall bath etc and applied same product ( It had been several months and I forgot to throw sealer away) well it didn't turn white after drying for a hour or so and I and sealed the whole job. Next day grout is white as can be.

The color of grout on both of these jobs is beige.

Has anyone had this problem and what did you do to remove this awful product.

Thank you.

Dan

Mikey P

Administrator
Re: Help removing Stone Tech Heavy Duty Sealer turing white .

Happens all the time with that junk.

Stick to solvent base sealers.

Name
George Valliant
Call Larry Cobb of Dynachem. He will hook you up with the goods to fix it..... Good luck!

Pumice past (Griffiti Removal Past) or soft scrub works for glazed but not sure about grout.

Name
George Valliant
another option would be to comp them a Grout Perfect color seal job. It will make their eye's bug out when you're done. If you havne't don't it before it would be good learning experience too.

I used this junk
aquapro.jpg

OMG I lost my ass using this junk and called them up and was told not to use water based :shock:

Their dam Rep at a CAD told my that it was the BOMB. How right he was they blew up my week fixing their crap.

Name
George Valliant
lincoln said:
Just cleaned very large kitchen, hall bath etc and applied same product ( It had been several months and I forgot to throw sealer away) well it didn't turn white after drying for a hour or so and I and sealed the whole job. Next day grout is white as can be.

Yes, I have seen that problem before but it is not caused by the grout sealant. Ron Lippold refers to it as effervescence. I just did the google and effervescence is "water soluble salts carried from below by water, which then evaporates and leaves the powdery salts on the surface".

There are treatments for it and you may not be to blame. It could have been a pre-existing condition that you exasperated while doing your cleaning.

Doing the google for Effervescence treatment should yield some good products. But, make sure to contact Larry Cobb too.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
try an acid wash. Put some RTU acid on some grout to see if you can get it to fizz. If not, mix a little stronger. If still nothing, try some RTU floor stripper (bare bones). Apply, let sit for at least 15 mins. Scrub it then turbo it. Test with acid again to check for fizz. When you get the fizz, the sealer should be gone and so should the white.

If your grout cannot dry within 20 mins of cleaning with the use of a fan, don't try water based sealers. For that matter, don't try them at all. Solvent is the way to go.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom