Help with blower install needed...

It all seems straight forward, it's just the large belt pulley is on pretty good. Any ideas of how to remove the old pulley???
Thanks,Rob Jr.

PS:It's the one that blew up on my problematic White Magic Triton. They said it went because I used a Kunkle valve. But I didn't use the Kunnkle until recently. For the first 12 months the machine had serious overheating problems that they could not resolve. In my opinion this machine is a lemon and poorly designed. So now I must make lemonade out of a lemon. :wink:

John Watson

Depends on what type of pulley was used. Most use a 2 piece system. Remove the 3 securing bolts and put them in the 3 threaded holes next to each. By tightening they push the pulley off the hub. then use a wedge lightly insert in split oppisite the keyway hub should slide off shaft.

The other style needs a gear/wheel puller need lot of room for this one, straight forward, put puller on tighten against shaft till tight, Rap end of puller with hammer to shock pulley hub loose. I have at times had to use a rosebud on a oxy/actelene torch to heat the pulley red hot and freon to shrink the shaft to cause it to pop off. Sort of dought you have this style of pulley to shaft.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
more than likely it's a split sheeve pully.

do as John mentioned in the first paragraph

Pull the bolts out and run them into the other threaded holes.

Turn each one a little in a star pattern as not to cause a bind

..L.T.A.

meAt said:
more than likely it's a split sheeve pully.

do as John mentioned in the first paragraph

Pull the bolts out and run them into the other threaded holes.

Turn each one a little in a star pattern as not to cause a bind

..L.T.A.

I did this but the second pulley won't budge even though I took the screws out and placed them in the next holes. I suppose a machine shop is in order?
Thanks,Rob Jr.

John Watson

Sometimes a good rap with a dead blow hammer will break it loose when the bolts are tight in the threaded pulley against the hub. Use a block of wood to hammer against. John

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom