Helped A Blind Man See.......

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I've been busy as hell, (I'm sure Bawb will be here to chew me out for not having his shirts), and was cleaning "downtown" on Saturday. Tight fit...had hoses strung out to head up the steps to City Hall. I had set up barriers and orange cones on the sidewalk to mark off my territory. I was taking a break to check on the Genesis to make sure everything was running well, and pumping out. When I got to the truck, there was a blind man just getting ready to try to negotiate the maze of hoses with his white cane, so I walked up to him and warned him of all the obstacles. He asked to grab my arm and have me guide him through. I just told him what was in front of him, and he got through OK. I guess this was his regular route when he walks in the city....he probably lives in one of the housing projects there.

I know some of the big cities have strick rules on blocking sidewalks, and I think one member here said he had to put up an elevated trellis to run his hoses over the sidewalk. Any body here have any simular experiences?

Back
Top Bottom