buy the protection? also are all your guys instructed to ask/sell it or
is it up to them?
thanks for your time
dave

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
We are just under 70% for residential & 30% for commercial I believe, higher (about 90%) for oriental rugs in our rug spa and 60%+ for power loomed. We pay a higher commission for topical treatments and also have quarterly bonus programs so there is a lot of incentive to sell top treats.

Ken

royalkid

Supportive Member
Name
Gulf Coast Carpet Care
wow..70%..those guys are really pushing it aren't they ;) So 70% of the jobs need/require protection? How many Olefin carpets are they cleaning? Are they selling dye-blockers on Olefin? Are they pushing it on 1 year old carpets?? Do they care?? Probably not...if it means extra money, they're pushing hard. Well, at least they're not pulling up in pick-up trucks. :shock:

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Actually most of it is pre-sold on the phone by our Customer Care Coordinators and the vast majority of carpet cleaned residentially is not Olefin, at least in our market. It really is as simple as asking, no hard sell needed if the price is reasonable. We clean and protect 4 rooms for $150.00 and make a nice profit on that.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
are you guys using 3m only or anything else?
thanks

and guys please dont jump on my thread and dick around with kenny..
he is taking his time to answer a few questions for me/us, i may be making some
changes to my business operations for 2010 and am seeking some info from a true success
in this industry in a down economy
thanks ken
dave

royalkid

Supportive Member
Name
Gulf Coast Carpet Care
Ken Snow said:
Actually most of it is pre-sold on the phone by our Customer Care Coordinators and the vast majority of carpet cleaned residentially is not Olefin, at least in our market. It really is as simple as asking, no hard sell needed if the price is reasonable. We clean and protect 4 rooms for $150.00 and make a nice profit on that.

"Most" of it's pre-sold? So someone who doesn't even clean carpet is offering protection, do they ask the questions i posed? I understand that most carpets (residential) are not Olefin, but what about the ones that are?? Selling something that won't benefit the custy...?? Some custys (very few) will usually go for protection over the phone...but some will. Most folks (IMO) want to see if you're gonna get the carpets clean before agreeing to protection or at least hear about it face-to-face from tech. I've had custy's that said no, then after cleaning they change their mind (not expecting carpets to look that good). So, it's hard to believe the most of 70% of upsells (of protection at least) are over the phone...but if you say so. Anyone else selling 70% Protection over the phone?? Maybe our CSR's need some Ken Snow training :?:

P.S. I just re-read your post...o.k. $150 to clean/protect 4 rooms is a good deal....that's more understandable...but what is the charge for cleaning only 4 rooms??

DavidB

I think the customer's perspective is a tad bit different when you have been around for decades, wouldn't you say?

Don't think many of them are questioning their cleaning ability at this point.

rick imby

Name
Rick
royalkid said:
Ken Snow said:

"Most" of it's pre-sold? So someone who doesn't even clean carpet is offering protection, do they ask the questions i posed? I understand that most carpets (residential) are not Olefin, but what about the ones that are?? Selling something that won't benefit the custy...?? Some custys (very few) will usually go for protection over the phone...but some will. Most folks (IMO) want to see if you're gonna get the carpets clean before agreeing to protection or at least hear about it face-to-face from tech. I've had custy's that said no, then after cleaning they change their mind (not expecting carpets to look that good). So, it's hard to believe the most of 70% of upsells (of protection at least) are over the phone...but if you say so. Anyone else selling 70% Protection over the phone?? Maybe our CSR's need some Ken Snow training :?:

P.S. I just re-read your post...o.k. $150 to clean/protect 4 rooms is a good deal....that's more understandable...but what is the charge for cleaning only 4 rooms??

Funny thing is ZUUBA--You accuse Ken of having people tallk to customers that don't clean carpets and they recommend protectant.---Your company sends people into the houses that don't clean carpets.---You have no knowledge of Ken Snow's operation and you are questioning his statements?---
Your ignorance is showing.

By the way --Thanks Ken for sharing your information with us, I find it very educational. It appears to me that you have put years of thought and effort into improving every step you take in your business. And you have followed through in an attempt to make the customer experience first class. Zuba you could only dream of working for a company like Ken's.

Kalispell and Big Fork Upholstery Cleaning

hogjowl

Idiot™
Thany you Ken, for being willing to offer advice and share your experience while all the while having to put up with ignorant savages.

And pig farmers ...

-JB-

Name
JB
I've had custy's that said no, then after cleaning they change their mind (not expecting carpets to look that good).

I think it's safe to say we have ALL had that happen, however, Ken's company has likely had this happen tens of THOUSANDS of times, subsequently, as his REPEAT customers, children, and Grand-children are still calling the same company, is it not feasible to think they have built quite a bit of trust w/the company that they have been using for decades?

Does that really seem like it would be a hard sell? :roll:

Mikey P

Administrator
Easy sell- Mrs Johnson, look how nice they clean up, are you sure you don't want protector?

A bit of pressure- Mrs Johnson, if you plan on keeping this carpet for more then two years having us apply a Protector in the heavy use areas would really make sense.

Work it baby- Mrs Johnson, unless you plan on cleaning your carpet 2 to 3 times a year like some of our customers do, re applying the protector that you've worn off would really help your vacuum to get more dirt out, spot cleaning will be much easier for you, most stains will not set in and become permanent and we'll have a much easier time cleaning your carpet when we come out next year.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Not sure what bug is up Peters backside or why he would need to assume negative things about us.

4 rooms cleaning is $99. 99 (protection is always half the cleaning cost for residential).

Dave, we have 2 different products we use, one is 3m scotchgard for carpet and the other is Protasil which is our branded & registered trademark product for fabrics and rugs. Email or call me if you want to discuss things out of the line of fire here lol.

Mikey- The easiest is over the phone followed up with your easy sell way. We never do the hard sell way, we don't need to. JB has it correct, we've been cleaning for 10's of thousands of our customers for multiple generations.

Ken

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
thanks ken..i will keep your offer in mind. i try to ask on a public forum so others can learn and get advise as well..you always have someone that needs to
put there two cents in on something they more than likely need help with but dont want to admit it.
thanks for helping and as i review and adjust things i will have some more for ya..i have to make some adjustments
to make things work on a smaller scale to fit my operation but hope to catch up to ya one day.
dave

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom