-->High temp with hydroforce and solvents making you sick???

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Somebody posted that spraying the hydroforce sprayer with high temps was making him sick. I would like to see that post but can't find it. It was at least a year ago. Better yet I would like to talk to this person. I am doing the work comp checkup because I am still not feeling well and feel like crap every time I spray citrus solv type stuff

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Because I need to know what his doctor said because my doctor says its not possible for chems to get in the body that way.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Basically he thinks its a coincidence that I have body aches (back pain, side pain and pain by my lower ribs) when exposed to delimonene and old zone perfect or prochems old tlc.

timnelson

Anytime you have health concerns during or after the use of a chemical, you need to (a) stop using that chemical, or (b) use it only with proper respiratory protection. Why would you continue to put your health at risk? Also, if your doctor says you can't get chemicals in your body when they're hanging in the air... you need a new doctor!

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Yes...........it was me......put my ass in the hospital for a few days with them taking blood..putting me on oxygen..and violating me trying to figure out what was wrong........with the temps we run...the chemicals in the Hydroforce start to vaporize and I was breathing to much of it.......another good and important reason I went the the boss sprayer and got away from the hydroforce......

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Gary;

I am not doubting your story.

But citrus solvent is probably not the culprit. It is a natural solvent from oranges.

I would look at some of the other solvents you are using.

Larry Cobb

rick imby

Name
Rick
We can develop allergies or have reactions to almost anything. Just because citrus is natural doesn't mean much. Arsenic is all natural also.

my thoughts are only what I think.

Name
Evets
I used to cough alot when I used the HF with ultrapak.
The cough went away when I started using a Multisprayer and O2 prespray.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
B&BGaryC said:
Somebody posted that spraying the hydroforce sprayer with high temps was making him sick. I would like to see that post but can't find it. It was at least a year ago. Better yet I would like to talk to this person. I am doing the work comp checkup because I am still not feeling well and feel like crap every time I spray citrus solv type stuff

Gary ask your supplier for some samples of some mean and green chems. Citra Solv is a Spotter and shouldn't be used as a Pre-Spray (My Opinion). If they don't want to give you some to try call me and i'll hook you up with a couple different ones that I think work as well as "safe"

gary mackay

Citra solve gives me serious headaches so much now that even just a little sniff gets me going. The stuff is natural but you don't find too many worms in citrus fruits for a reason.

I have had the same pains for over 3 years now & have every kind of test including 2 colonostmies because I told them I think it was colon cancer. I do remember it all started when I got a wand that was too long for me. My pains are on the same side that I wand with and they move from the ribs to the back & to the front gut. The pains get better & worse depending on the tools that I use.

Name
jack zerkie
Wow I guess I,m lucky I spray straight pool chlorine with my hydraforce, but this is only for exterior pressure cleaning of manufactured homes not a problem except for inside rooms and carports. My wife tells me it,s damaged my brain, but what does she know. Oh I,ve been exterior cleaning for over 25 years the carpet cleaning was only part of my services. Back then I was cleaning over 500 double wides a in a six month time. I really enjoy carpet cleaning much better. Jack Z.

F

FB7777

B&BGaryC said:
Because I need to know what his doctor said because my doctor says its not possible for chems to get in the body that way.

there is no way a Doctor informed you that chemicals cannot enter your system through inhalation

what else you been sniffin bro?

Walt

Larry Cobb said:
Gary;

I am not doubting your story.

But citrus solvent is probably not the culprit. It is a natural solvent from oranges.

I would look at some of the other solvents you are using.

Larry Cobb
Well sort of. Check the label on most citrus boosters and spotters and you'll find most have paraben (which sounds like a wax product but is really a petroleum solvent. It's what makes citrus mix with water.

Lose citrus solve and try some of biokleen citrus soy solvent. Much more mild smell, no petroleum and no cough.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Walt;

Parabens are usually used as preservatives.

Our Citrus Solv is 100% d-Limonene ...

Pure Citrus solvents are less likely to cause body reactions...
than some of the commonly used solvents in our industry.

Larry

Name
Shawn Forsythe
B&BGaryC said:
...feel like crap every time I spray citrus solv type stuff

It's probably not the citrus solvent, but the solvents it is cut with or added as an active. Most "citrus solvent type stuff" are/is rarely over 25% pure citrus terpenes. In relative terms, citrus terpenes have a less than desirable ROI when used as anything more than a fragrant headline marketing additive. Indeed there are exceptions (good for you Larry), but still you will have a fair share of petro chemical solvents in nearly all of them. But I said probably. Citrus terpenes, while arguably more "natural" than dino extracts, they are still hydrocarbon solvents with many common properties, and not all of them innocently innocuous..

ken horvath

Hydroforce sprayer creates atomization. You should always use a respirator or at least wrap a cotton towell around your nose & mouth. Regardless of what product you are spraying. Proper ventilation while spraying is recommended. Make sure homeowner and pets, fish, etc... are covered or not around when spraying.

I used to be a National Sales Manager for a chemical company and I got a call once from a guy who had to, literally, drag 2 of his employees out of a cafe they were cleaning the carpets.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
fred boyle said:
[quote="B&BGaryC":2n76koc2]Because I need to know what his doctor said because my doctor says its not possible for chems to get in the body that way.

there is no way a Doctor informed you that chemicals cannot enter your system through inhalation

what else you been sniffin bro?[/quote:2n76koc2]

I've been posting from my blackberry in waiting rooms. Trying to sum things up as the doctor brings me here and there for another test.

He stopped listening shortly after I told him what sort of motion I use when carpet cleaning. I kept insisting that I feel worse when spraying citrus solvents and when spraying the old version Zone Perfect or Ultrapac type products. When I switched to low VOC I feel better but not 100%
I was explaining the temperature at which these chems are sprayed and he said, "It doesn't matter what temperature you spray it at, I've seen people who are poisoned and you don't look poisoned. I think you disjointed* a rib."

*I don't remember the fancy word for it. Basically I worked myself to death at the end of May and never healed. I've been in pain every day since then and finally came in to see a doctor.

Granted, I believe I pulled a rib too... Explains all the pain. However I think I am also having a reaction to chemicals with any sort of VOC load especially when the temp reaches 220 plus. My machine gets up to 240 sometimes.

Jimbo

Gary, I put an Airpath fan at the front door of every job...blowing out the front door...and open up windows prior to prespraying.

You should do the same...you can move it to room drying and close up windows after starting cleaning.

Why breathe the stuff that makes you ill?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
wand from the other side

and a HF won't draw any chem at 240
it stops drawing at 180 to 200

but here's an idea, if it only bothers you with certain chems at certain temps...DON'T use them.. :roll:

GARY says,

"Doc, it bothers me when I do this"

Doc replies,

"then stop doing that"

Dr meAt
..L.T.A.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Of course it can get in your system by breathing it.

You are aerosolizing chemicals down to very fine particles and then sucking it in.

Get bigger jets and keep it lower to the carpet or buy a multisprayer or similar and keep your spray down to the carpet.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom