Hose reel

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I got a bracket to mount the hot hose on the door. What is the best way to mount this? There is not much to attach to on the door. Wasn't sure if I sould go with a plate across the door or use some angle iron.

Thank you

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Louis said:
I got a bracket to mount the hot hose on the door. What is the best way to mount this? There is not much to attach to on the door. Wasn't sure if I sould go with a plate across the door or use some angle iron.

Thank you

I always use angle iron if I can on all of mine...it makes them stiffer and they don't bounce as much........

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I secure flat bar across the door and then 2 angle iron L shaped brackets for the hose reel.

They join on the top like an A frame.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I was thinking angle iron. The door metal is so thin I hope it doesn't tear it off whith few places I can bolt it. Maybe large fender washers will help.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I use metal inserts that expand when tightened. (They expand like a star.) It is what they use to hold factory van shelving. They are chrome.

If you live in an area with winter.

Don't forget to pack your doors with insulation while they are apart.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
take the plastic panel off and you should be able to slide the angle iron up on the inside for a ridged support....get the kind that already has the different holes and slots in it....
then just bolt the hose reel up to the door....that way you don't have to worry about it pulling threw....or in time dis-configuring the door...........

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I have a stick of punched angle in my hoard. I almost got to it today but it was hot and then I noticed a big puddle under my steering box. Olny 70k on the van, that pto just cooks everything.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
They'll work fine as long as you don't overload them with hoses. We quit putting them on the doors because our tech's would load them up full and the weight would eventually screw up the door hinges.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom