Hoss 2 month review

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I agree with it not being streaking, but how long does it take to have the heel marks go away? I like the wand marks myself. Not so fond of hoss pattern.

I honestly don't know......I know a few times I have gone back to a house to do a tile job a week or 2 after I had cleaned the carpet and it was gone....I would venture to say each one is probably different...but it is not permanent....and I have never had anyone have a problem with it........

like I said.....the flatter you run it the more it just glides...not only will you see the difference...but you will feel it also...the machine will not push up against you........it will float across the carpet and do all the work for you.........

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I guess because we run the wand over the Hossed areas we don't see that "issue"..

That's probably the issue. I wand over my REed work, never use a grooming rake, although it's faster than a wand. You really need a wand to finish a RXed job if only for the corners but also for all the other areas a RE cannot reach.

hogjowl

Idiot™
So, you need to rotary extract your way into the room, dry pass with the rotary coming out and THEN go back and wand over it all over again?

Yeah boy ... those rotary extractors are bulletin board wonder tools.

Reactions: steve_64

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
So, you need to rotary extract your way into the room, dry pass with the rotary coming out and THEN go back and wand over it all over again?

No..

I always start at the doorway and work my way into the room with the hoses and cord behind me so I have a clear path.....I work myself to the furthest point in the room and disconnect the machine and get it out of my way.......
Grab the wand and hit the few areas the Hoss won't get.....IF I have the flow wide open then I will use the wand and dry stroke the areas to insure I got as much recovery as possible...If I am not wide open and see no since in using a higher flow..then after I have cut in the areas with the wand I just brush out the carpet......

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning

Marty, you've been agonizing over implementing a rotary extractor into your service for years now. All I will say is that a RE will achieve results on some jobs with very little effort that you would be unable to match with a wand and 175 without tremendous effort and time. As an old man, surely you can appreciate the advantage of removing this repetitive motion injury from your daily activity. Since using the 360i these last 4 years I have completely healed a shoulder injury that was bothering me for many years and required biannual injections of cortisone (and I don't know why my cursive font changed while I was typing but I like it).

Studebaker

Name
Studebaker
Kris, have you tried reducing your flow to help with dry time?
Check your spray bars to insure your getting full coverage.
Try a different cleaning pattern/ side to side on first wet pass then forward and back on 2nd.
I noticed your using the dripod. I find it better to groom as I go and then put air movers down.

What unit are you using?

Just thinking out loud.

Mikey P

Administrator
here you go Keith..

20141203_113400_zpsuawfym8n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom