Hoss 2 month review

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Well.............will I still get some Hannukah gelt?

I was invited to Marty's Bar Mitzvah.

Or was it his Bris?

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
What you should be charging for is how much time it takes to clean a specific area. More time equals more money. If the re takes longer than charge more. I'd rather clean 3-4 jobs a day than 5-6. You make more money by staying in one spot longer not by adding in more jobs. Don't forget the protector when finished.

Gene

I spoke with a customer today that my guy's worked for last week. He said the carpets cleaned up better than they ever had, but they didn't dry till the afternoon of the next day. He said in the past the carpets would dry the day we cleaned them.

On a good note, my tech working by himself and using the Hoss had a labor rate of 18% for today.

Unfortunately, my labor rate on the van I was running was at 36%. But we didn't use the Hoss, we did windows, tile and soap scummed showers (I hate cleaning showers). We also had a quote out in Egypt.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I spoke with a customer today that my guy's worked for last week. He said the carpets cleaned up better than they ever had, but they didn't dry till the afternoon of the next day. He said in the past the carpets would dry the day we cleaned them.

On a good note, my tech working by himself and using the Hoss had a labor rate of 18% for today.

Unfortunately, my labor rate on the van I was running was at 36%. But we didn't use the Hoss, we did windows, tile and soap scummed showers (I hate cleaning showers). We also had a quote out in Egypt.
Like Mike said, have him make an extra vacuum pass. It really isn't that much more effort to get them as dry or drier than the wand will.

Ron K

Kris Thank you for your honest a thought s of the Hoss. I wish others here who buy/get or trade for equipment would be as candid.

One piece of advice maybe to solve your hose/cord concerns would be to think backwards and clean your way into a house/room this way you would have the hoses and cords behind you. Someone on this Board mentioned that but I don't know who that was, sounded like pretty good advise.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
If hoses are a problem it the Mytee hose wraps. You can use three of them and combine the vac, solution hoses and power cord into one. It works great! less worry about wraping you cord up under the machine. Makes it nice neat, easier to manage. :cool:

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Just used my T-Rex for the first time yesterday. I tried cleaning into the room and didn't like the drag of pulling the hose behind the machine. I think I'd rather just kick it out of the way but it's too soon to say for sure. I'll keep experimenting and figure out what works best for me.

On a side note, neither job was super dirty but I thought it cleaned very well and more importantly it really seemed to restore the pile on that cheap apartment carpet.

20141112_094746.jpg
20141112_104945.jpg
Here's a picture of a job I did recently with the Hoss. The customer had a big dog and the Hoss did a good job of cutting through the grime in the carpet. It lifted up the pile pretty well too.

I don't like the lines the Hoss is leaving in the carpet. The lines don't rake out. It doesn't happen on every job. What is causing this?

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I don't like the lines the Hoss is leaving in the carpet. The lines don't rake out. It doesn't happen on every job. What is causing this?

Now THAT looks like streaking. You should probably go over it with a 360i to remove the streaking.

Ron K

Now THAT looks like streaking. You should probably go over it with a 360i to remove the streaking.
And then the Zipper and then a PC Wand and then a CRB and then a Jigilie Machine ........ and a 175!

Are you saying the Hoss Streaks or the 360 doesn't or ??????

Reactions: Art Kelley

Mikey P

Administrator
you may wand to check you vac ports..

I've never seen the Hoss streak.

Draper has once or twice.

How many clean passes is that?
thinking.gif

I did two wet passes and three to four drying passes. I'm overlapping by a third or half on the wet passes.
Is it streaking? Streaking to me would mean that only part of the cleaning path is getting clean. That shouldn't be the case since I'm overlapping my wet strokes and doing lots of drying passes.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I think any RE will need some time to play around with it. I'm much faster and better with my 360i after committing to it and spending a lot of time cleaning with it.

Could be as simple as moving too fast. It really helps me to slow down a bit and keep the heads (vac shoes?) planted evenly on the carpet.

Cleans awesome but takes some effort to groom afterward.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Maybe my screen is different but I don't see the streaking will look at it again on my pc but on my iPad i don't see streaking, just the hoss pattern.

How hot were you running?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
View attachment 403 View attachment 404 Here's a picture of a job I did recently with the Hoss. The customer had a big dog and the Hoss did a good job of cutting through the grime in the carpet. It lifted up the pile pretty well too.

Its not streaking....If you pre sprayed that area and recleaned it with a wand you would still see the same thing ......every rotary will do that if it is not setting flat and you bring it over with the nose pitched to high....it will push the pile and give it that appearance....

not all carpets will do this..you see it more in CGD..you can minimize it by keeping the head as flat as possible........this also helps not to rip seams....I have gone over a ton of loose or buckled seams and have never rip one yet....don't dig the machine in...set it flat and let it float.................

Reactions: Russ T.

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
I agree with it not being streaking, but how long does it take to have the heel marks go away? I like the wand marks myself. Not so fond of hoss pattern.

Back
Top Bottom