How 'bout that Windsor Vacuum?

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I'm going to upgrade the vac I carry soon. I held off buying a Kirby because they are kind of heavy and look like an old ladies vacuum. I currently carry a very lightweight Hoover Commercial that works pretty well. It gets used at almost every job right now.

I have a few questions for anyone that has used that Windsor. I see a couple others that look like clones or knock offs.

One is by Pro Team, I used to use these when I was the Lead Custodian at a community college here in Iowa. They work well on CGD. We had some durability issues but most of the janitors there treated them like crap and would run stuff over like paper clips. They needed repair regularly but it was a pretty large crew I worked with and some were work study students who didn't really give a rip.

There's another by Pullman Holt called the UV10. There was a guy sitting next to me at MF10 who insisted the Pullman was THE vacuum to have as it was identical to the Windsor but at a much cheaper price.

Any help as to REAL differences in these? Should I still be considering a Kirby? Thanks!

The Clean Machine

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
How are you vacuuming edges and Uph with that Conquest?

Is that what the Hoover Commercial is called Mikey?

I vac edges with my suction hose after vacuuming the open areas and allowing for some dwell time for the prespray. My current vacuum is terrible for edging. Suction is poor and it's just clunky to drag around while edging. I'd consider changing up my game a little if the vac was super convenient (and effective) to edge with. Otherwise I'll stick with edging how I do now. I'm usually alone and can cover the edges quickly and well with the suck hose.

I'll vac upholstery with my Hoover sometimes if it's not a big hairy mess. Otherwise I do my best with a 10 foot 1.5 inch whip hose I attach to my upholstery tool.

Glad you liked the hooch. I can't tell you how glad I am I got to come meet you guys. I can't shut up about the Fest and I keep showing my wife all the videos. She thinks I'm a little crazy to get so excited about all these new toys?!?!

The Clean Machine

Ray Burnfield

Supportive Member
Name
Ray Burnfield
The Sebo is the retail version of the Versamatic. Smaller motors and there is no warranty if used commercially.
I saw several refurbished Versamatics on Ebay for around $250.00
Amy asked me about the Lindhaus vacuums. They are a pretty good machine but parts are hard to find.
Parts for the Versamatic and Sensor vacuums are very easy to find and reasonably priced.

Reactions: Russ T.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Ray,
Are you familiar with the ProTeam or Pullman Holt vacuums? What's the difference?

What is the warranty like on one of those Versamatics? It would be used in multiple homes/businesses on an almost daily basis. Is it designed for the back of a CC van to be used heavily...for years? Or is it better to go cheaper with the vacuum and assume I will buy one every year?

Thanks!

The Clean Machine

Ray Burnfield

Supportive Member
Name
Ray Burnfield
I believe that the Pullman Holt and Proteam are the same machine.
The Versamatic has a 2 year warranty.
If you don't abuse the vacuum it will last several years.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Thanks Ray. Are the vac motors more powerful on the Versamatic? Any other notable differences? Same size bag? No big hurry on the answers.

The Clean Machine

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I believe that the Pullman Holt and Proteam are the same machine.
The Versamatic has a 2 year warranty.
If you don't abuse the vacuum it will last several years.

Ray, or anybody else..

Define "abuse the vacuum"...(not that you pervs)

Seriously, what is considered abuse? I take care of vacuum cleaners wash/change filters regularly, wipe the whole thing clean and don't beat it up.

Yet it still looks bad and motors die in a year with the daily use on sometimes 3 or more homes.

Reactions: GCCLee

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Ray, or anybody else..

Seriously, what is considered abuse? I take care of vacuum cleaners wash/change filters regularly, wipe the whole thing clean and don't beat it up.

Yet it still looks bad and motors die in a year with the daily use on sometimes 3 or more homes.

You remember that video of Mark n Mikey blowing da bag out : )

Somethin like that, lol

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Billy

Name
BH
We have a pro team LineVacer backpack we use with a TurboCat air powered head on the truck.

Before that we used a Pocket PV12 aka Windsor sensor 12 That has never needed much & after cleaning it up good we retired it to use at home along side our two Neato robotic vacuums that run daily.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Name
Nate W.
Ray, or anybody else..

What type of vacuum do you currently use Zee? We'd have had probably 5-6 Windsor Sensor 12" and 15" vacuums.... They work good, but bags are kind of expensive over dust-cup... But if you have a urine or rat nasty, I wouldn't recommend using it on those...

I never had a belt break on me with the Windsor's...
I however had the adjustable wheel go bad, an employee vacuum wet carpet, cords go bad, and a switch or 2 go bad also...

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I won a PV12 at a customer appreciation day. I really wanted to like it but after a couple months I went back to my regular vac. The PV12 was a well made a unit and convenient to use but when I compared what I was getting out of the carpet over the span of a few days it didn't compare to what would normally pull out with the with my regular vac. I know its not a scientific conclusion but it very obvious to me. If I did more CGD the PV12 would be nice except for the smaller width.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I suppose that if I had access to purchase the vacuums you guys mention locally, without having to do it on-line, I'd consider them. However, if they did not have adequate edging and upholstery detailing capabilities, I wouldn't even look at them. That's the reason I don't own a Kirby, or preferably a metal Royal. Those two vacuums are two of the best, in my opinion, but their focus is on open field vacuuming, with a side mention of their great edging capabilities needing no hose hook up. (I don't trust them on this.)

kingjoelking

Supportive Member
I bought a used Pro team and I used it for 5 years before I broke some pieces on it and retired it.

Name
Nate W.
I won a PV12 at a customer appreciation day. I really wanted to like it but after a couple months I went back to my regular vac. The PV12 was a well made a unit and convenient to use but when I compared what I was getting out of the carpet over the span of a few days it didn't compare to what would normally pull out with the with my regular vac. I know its not a scientific conclusion but it very obvious to me. If I did more CGD the PV12 would be nice except for the smaller width.

Feel free to send the PV12 my way........ :lol:

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
I've been using my sensor s 12 for years now. Never a problem. Made in Germany..... It's so quiet you'd think it doesn't do anything but it fills those bags up quickly and with no drama.

hogjowl

Idiot™
As I was sucking butts and bugs out from around baseboards and door jambs this morning, I thought of this thread. My Dyson edging tool was sucking so hard it sounded like a compressed air tool.

No other vacuum I've found sucks as hard as a Dyson.

Insert your personal play on words here ...

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Stay away from the ball Dyson.

I actually bought a ball version (the Dyson Animal complete) just this winter to test. Actually, it is doing pretty well.

I was also concerned that it wouldn't have the suction and weight to get the soils out, but testing it with other dyson animals we have, I am still happy with it.

We are only using it in the house right now, so I can't say how with would be out in the field everyday.

We also use the Dyson's animals due to limitations of what we can get around here. Thankfully they have mellowed out the beater bar and not as aggressive as the first Dysons.

We actually just ruined one of our older Dyson animals this week vacuuming carpets with Iron Ore dust and soils. That stuff is nasty!

Kind of wet and really doesn't dry and sticks to everything!

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
We bought the Shark Rotator a few months ago for the house and it great for what I paid. $150 new on eBay. It wouldn't last on the truck with me though. It does have a pretty cheap feel to it. I'm still considering a Kirby because I already do edging with my suck hose. I'm pretty fast that way and it allows a little dwell time for the prespray.

The Clean Machine

Willy P

Name
Willy P
The Sebo is the retail version of the Versamatic. Smaller motors and there is no warranty if used commercially.
I saw several refurbished Versamatics on Ebay for around $250.00
Amy asked me about the Lindhaus vacuums. They are a pretty good machine but parts are hard to find.
Parts for the Versamatic and Sensor vacuums are very easy to find and reasonably priced.

Nope. The Sebo G2 is 1300 watts compared to 1000 watts for the Versamatic. CFM and lift are higher too. I know this from a buddy that ran a vacuum store and sold more Sebos than any other brand. He told me the Versamatic had less ooomph than the Sebo. True, Windsor does out warranty Sebo, but they're 2000 hour vacuums compared to the 200 hour Walmart special and well built. That I know nothing about.

http://www.windsorind.com/ViewCategories.aspx?Pid=75

http://sebocanada.ca/products/upright-vacuums/g-series/

Reactions: Russ T.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Now you'll get Ray all upset and Mike will start his spiel about "sharks" and or Craig's list Kirbys, not to mention Ron and his voonder vacuum.
And all of that because you're upset that your fellow Canadian was banned.

Last edited:

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Now you'll get Ray all upset and Mike will start his spiel about "sharks" and or Craig's list Kirbys, not to mention Ron and his voonder vacuum.
And all of that because you're upset that your fellow Canadian was banned.

Alas, poor Mardie. I knew him Horatio.(Hamlet):cry::cry::cry: Now we need a new soccer ball.
Just setting the record straight- I think Ray had it bassackwards. Some of my property managers have switched to Sebo and love them compared to what they used before.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom