How do you deterimine your price increases?

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
Taco:

It was only 2 or 3 customers, but all of them were old ladies that have been with me a really long time. They all paid the money, but they had to complain a bit. That got me to thinking that all of that could have been avoided if I'd done it over a period of time.

Well, if you had raised their rate a penny or two per year over 5 years you would have given them 5 times the opportunity to complain.
But a penny per s.f is pretty justifiable. It barely covers inflation I tell them.

Name
Lee Stockwell
I have sometimes raised my base rate, and at the same time included a discount.

Then, over time, whittle down the discount.

Jim Nelson

Name
Jim nelson
I give the best service around, so I get the best price. It has taken me 30 years to get here . I will stay the highest cleaner in my city. No one will out clean me , but if they do they will not get my price. To God be all the Glory. MERRY CHRISTMAS.

dwellpro

Supportive Member
Name
m
We raise our prices every year, effective January 1.

Wondering who else out there does a yearly increase? If you don't, why not?

How do you determine how much you will raise your prices? (% increase of current price, flat dollar amount each year).

Do you raise your prices across the board or only for certain services?

Working on ours now and am curious as to how others do it....

I do not raise my prices on existing, long-term and 8+ consecutive hours clientel. Below the eight hour threshold are modest gains of 5% to 15%. Lowest being for greater volume. These increases should not change for 3 to 5 years.

Of course I do not have overhead such as gasoline to worry about. My machines are also capable of being dropped off with a single technician at a job. Four machines fit in a van nicely with equipment.

Existin

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We get into a lot of weird pricing situations.

Just this week we are bidding on post construction clean up dust on a 20 sq/ft retain space. How do you charge to clean dust off structure (20 feet up) off florescent lights (100's of them). Environmental cleaning for a ring worm outbreak at commercial facility (full PPE).

Always something different here! :icon_rolleyes:

amygeorge

Supportive Member
Name
Amy Lorance
Dang. What is it, half of Texas?
No, but almost 5 counties and close to 525,000 acres. It’s the largest ranch in the US under one fence. W.T. Waggoner Estate. Family feud - spoiled rotten kids can’t get along. The price doesn’t include 100% of the oil, just a percentage. Cleaning the bunk house tomorrow where all the single boys live - I hear it is all kinds of nasty. By far my biggest client.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom