How do you pay your staff?

Onfire_02_01

Name
Jeremy Gray
I may have asked this question in the past, I don't remember.
How do you pay your staff? What is their compensation packages? Any bonuses?
I am always thinking and I have been thinking again about hiring someone.

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
We've done it so may ways over the years...

Hourly with % of jobs (it was a admin/payroll nightmare)
Salary - some techs liked this cause they knew exactly how much they would make each week. No slow weeks with less hours, but then no overtime.
Hourly with bonus. This was done with bonus based on meeting our revenue goals (quarterly cause monthly can kill you if you have a really good month you bonus them on , then slow months and you didn't meet quarterly goal and bonus based on monthly)
Right now we do hourly with bonus as we determine. If we have a really tough week, we throw them extra money, or a gift card. If we are on vacation and they are carrying things for us, we bonus them for doing so. End of year bonus based on overall company performance. If we hit revenue goals, then it's one amount....they get more if we exceeded them. Our guys like getting OT when it's available so they prefer this over salary.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I only hire part time right now and pay them hourly. In the past I always preferred a combo of hourly wage and some commision on upsells, usually 10 percent. It's enough to make a nice little bonus at the end of the week but not enough that they are always grinding the customers.

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
upload_2016-8-18_18-21-53.jpeg

A.J.

Name
A.J. Hodges
$20per hr or 35% whatever is more. Then again that's my brother who runs it like his own biz. Helper get $15per hr
I don't use my helper often but he's always there when i need him for $15 per hr.....

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
New regulations will have anyone who makes under $45K annually (rounded) able to also qualify for overtime, even if they are salaried. Watch for the effects of this change.

We paid an hourly minimum or a percentage of the work. Add-on sales got bonuses. More time with the company and more certifications raised their hourly minimum. The percentage varied based on meeting certain sales goals, vehicles cleaned and restocked at end of day, clean unifroms and whatever other conduct we wanted to reward. Calculations were diffciult, but I had a computer program to help.

Also rewards for getting favorable comment cards / reviews from customers.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom