How Do You Stay Busy In the Winter

How Do You Stay Busy In the Winter?

• Total voters

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Basically everything is slightly more a PIA then normal.

Besides people paying slower, getting frostbite, power going out ...
Everything is just dandy :biggrin:

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
I realize it may cramp your style but its time for a paradigm shift. :winky:
Richard,

Marty's middle name is "Comfort Zone". And "living happily ever after" in the Good old CZ isn't bad... until you add employees. (Even if they have the same last name as you do.)

Steve

PS Marty, could your son handle some of the more "technical" aspects of the on-line part of your business? (I could not remotely survive without my son helping me from 2,000 miles away with a nifty program called "Log Me In" as in "Dad, I'm taking control of your computer now to see what button(s) you have pushed that screwed everything up!")

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
i just about have my adwords turned off a waste in the winter except for the special things we do.
vct floors last week restretching this week. some cleaning going on but still about half of normsl

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
When we were doing smoke restoration, we would have some better cash flow....if they paid (Insurance Companies and Clients)

When we were doing more water restoration dry downs....we would have some better cash flow....if they paid (Insurance Companies and Clients)

Found in the last few years even though we would have in our contract for direct pay or at least our name on the payments, the insurance companies were not doing so....

So my clients were taking long vacations on my dollar after we got done taking care of them and their homes, or the banks were taking the money because they were late on payments.

Starting around 2008 or so, we were seeing the shift, but it got really bad about 3 years ago.

Paying all that labor costs on a smoke restoration was costly, and then to sit and wait (or hope) to get paid just became too much of a pain for us (especially mentally)

As you know, I backed way off on the restoration and just pick and choose what water work I do now.

So....since my clients were going on long vacations with my money....I beat them to it this year and just got back from 3 weeks in Clearwater Beach Florida :rockon:

2015-01-10152617_zps650d09ef.jpg

20150118_180002_zps2nt7sxth.jpg

Cash flow is slower, but we have thankfully been doing ok....fingers to crossed saying that! :errf:

I still have outstanding accounts from 3 years ago, and a lot of accounts are also over 4 months past due at this time.

Some of them are like this, so I anticipate and their prices are much higher :lol:. They don't want to pay interest....so I already have it built in.

We are still reorganizing, but we are figuring it out how to make it through the winter without restoration.

The money just wasn't worth the MAJOR hassle we started to experience AND...a lot of people always thought the high price of restoration was ridiculous and we felt we were getting a black eye from it. (small town :oldrolleyes: )

In all the times we did restoration work, we only had 2 repeat clients from those jobs. They were not unhappy, they just seemed to be the type of homeowners who did not take care of their homes ;)

So, we are heading into a financial planner this morning at 9 am as well ;)

Might be Lake Havasu AZ next January Baby! :rockon:

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Mark, setting aside all posts from the newly articulate Mr. Sutley those two points are the smartest things I've seen posted on here in a long time!

Steve

PS Sioux and I have done "OK" financially. But we would be so much further ahead if we had focused over the years on our personal finances/saving/investing. (I always say I'm pretty good at "making it". But I really stink at "investing it".) So best wishes on your visit with the financial planner.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom