How High Should I go with the flow

I know there have been a lot of posts on flow. But I need to know if I can bump it up to 20 flow as in (5) #4 jets in my Greenhorn wand. Currently I am using a 15 total flow. Reason I am asking, I am not smart enough to know if my water pump/pressure line can put out that much. Butler owners with a 47 and the greenhorn on commercial can use 700 psi with no problem. Also when you are in a residential setting with this high flow 250 - 400 psi gives you the flexibility you need. Can get the carpets dry very quick. So can I go higher. My hose runs are 100 to 150 max. Also at 700 psi today on a greasy restaurant the Butler maintained 250 without problems. Can this Machine do it. Also if you have not run the bigger Butler/high vac/high temp, please don't give me info because you remember you ran a Butler without the options. Thanks to the high flow wand, We can make a lot of cheerleaders. Thanks, Ron

GRHeacock

Try it out on your own carpet first. Do several flow and pressure tests. Not in the customer's house.

Then you can monitor how wet it gets and how fast it dries- or not.

Then let us know the results.

I once had a wand that came with low- house water pressure- setup- no pump- with a size 20 single jet in it.

Not practical with a Truck Mount though, and while I liked the shape and length of the wand, I soon went to the size 06 jet for general use.

Gary

thanks Gary, I am building up quite an assortment of jets, another 50 bucks . owe well, performance ain't cheap. Ron

Farenheit251

After 15 flow I think you've reached the limit of what can flow through the trigger valve. I am thinking that the new modified Greenhorn wand w/ a pressure gun (Steemer style)will allow more flow. Can't wait for mine to arrive.

Greenie

9.75 x 5 = $48.75

lol

If you honestly just used em for less than a week, I'll buy em back or trade em, I don't want to impede progress. :wink:

The NEW Steamin' Demons have a pair of 9530 jets, yes those are 30 flow x 2 being recovered by a single vacuum motor. It was when I was making the glide for the demon series I realized we need to address this higher flow stuff as the carpet was surprisingly dry.

Send me 5 Greenie, No have Jeff do it. Do not want to exchange the other jets. Instead would like to be a satelite storage area for your company. Is that funny? Thanks, Ron

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
Explain the flow rate to me please Greenie.

30 flow? 24 flow?

Is that gallons per minute?

Also with the increased flow rate aren't some machines not going to be able to keep their heat as high moving that kind of flow through it?

hogjowl

Idiot™
Don't get caught up in the "pimping my TM" BS. All that matters is if the carpet looks clean, dries in an acceptable time period, and you make your hourly goal.

Only YOU (and your customers) can determine where that fine line is.

-JB-

Name
JB
Doh-Poster-01.jpg

I agree w/Mardee again.

Name
Jesse
Yeah buy a bane, get some live extension cord reels. I heard you can dual castex wand with a megaport. The money you'll save with the huge production will afford you to get some ho's to do the work. That's all the pimpin you need. 6oz of Fabreeze in your tank and you can get $.64 a sqft.

Sorry, I don't know whats wrong with me today. :oops:

Marty, I beg to differ. your post seems old school. Nobody is pimping my truckmount, we are talking wands. This work is too dam hard not to want to be a superstar on each job. I do not want to perform at a average level. I am constantly learning everyday. For example on todays job large commercial, the customers were very happy. When I said lets do it quarterly, they said yes imediately. The owner said he was going to change carpets at a cost of 20 thousand (1000 sq.ft)for this banquet hall. He was happy after the cleaning and signed maintenance program. Also while i am working he calls a another hall owner,that he caters for ,too call me. So yea, I want the best equipment available. Best accessories attached to that equipment. Being a carpet cleaner to me is not all about Money. I love it when they see a difference from every other carpet cleaner in town. I love it when they walk me to the truck thanking me. Anyways if you think high flow is BS. I do not agree with you on this one. I will continue to listen/learn from all on this board. Ditching the Butler wand, going to the high flow greenhorn wand, was one of the best moves in my carpet cleaning life. Just my take on things. Thanks, Ron

Back
Top Bottom