How many Blue employees do you have

Al

Only 23 fans :oops: We rent or buy as we need more.

4 have been out working all week at the library 8)

kmdineen

Name
Kevin Dineen
I have 7 drieaz turbo dryers. I use them with the e tes for floating carpet or any situation that calls for high static pressure. They are amp hogs using 11 amps (on high) so I prefer the phoenix focus air movers for regular drying situations. Phoenix focus gives me more air flow per amp.
Does anyone that uses the snail type air movers for regular drying use the turbo channels?

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
About 100 air movers, don't know how many dehus without going in the shop to count (around 20). Just ordered another insulated trailer with a heating and cooling unit to help store and move them. I am running out of room in our shop (1800 sq ft) 2 e-tes units, 4 injecti dry systems, 2 mat systems, 2 large Phoenix air scrubbers....I don't exactly know off the top of my head.

Mark Saiger

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
28 air movers 14 of them are mytee and 9 lgr dehu,s and 1 enviroboss 1400 ..............want to rent some equipment

Walt

two on the truck and two is my "shop"

But I don't do water damage.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You buy what you need, nothing wrong with owning only a handful if you don't use them often.

I could buy more but if they are going to sit the majority of the time, then it's not a wise investment.

Chads

Supportive Member
2 Airpaths and one snail blower, I think its a viking brand . but dont do water damage yet. :oops:

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
130 airmovers, about 50% axials. Placing an order for another dozen and 4 more dehus today. 15 Dehu's currently. We buy as we need. I hate renting, but will if we have to. Our shop is usually empty of equipment from December through April. We'll probably end up buying more by the time the season is over. I don't want to have too much sitting around, but it's nice when a weather event hits and you can put them all to work.

Jay D

Name
Jay D
13 air movers and 3 small drieaz dehu's. Just enough to cover a small job now and then for a customer. Big floods I refer to a friend.

klewis4

12 air movers. 2 Pheonix 175 LGR Dehus. 2 Conventional Dehus. We also don't do much water damage.

TimP

I got out of water damage. So I have 2 airpaths, and 2 prochem snail types for carpet drying only.

I had 8 axials and 6 snails and a few lgrs but didn't do enough to justify having the stuff so I sold it.

Cameron1

30 air movers.......5lgr's, four of which are the new 340's and they work great.....couple 1200's.......i dri-pro....2 air scrubbers.....1 e-tes 240 that I just fricken love. Will be adding more as winter gets closer.

LeeCory

If you want to do water damage, buy as many airmovers as you can. You need to start out with at least 20 and add more from there. It is much better to buy them than rent them..... You can't have enough....

I have 28 airmovers and it's not enough. I am going to buy 10 more next week when I get a check in the mail. I will either get Viking or Mytee, have not decided yet.

I would buy the new Dri-Eaz 2800i dehu as my first choice....

Or here is a good deal for the Phoenix 200HT $1850 http://cgi.ebay.com/Phoenix-200-HT-Dehu ... 23024d5963

or Phoenix 200 Max $1749 http://cgi.ebay.com/PHOENIX-200-MAX-DEH ... 2302ec9b37

R

rotovacguy

I have 3 Dry Air "Tempest" fans I got off of ebay several years ago. I paid $185 for all 3 of them, and they look and work like new. Heck, I use them around the house more then on the job, at least in summer I do. My dogs are hairy beasts and get quite hot, so we put 2 of them upstairs to keep them cool, and to circulate the air up there. :lol: Also came in handy 3 weeks ago when I painted my daughter's room. Paint dry to the touch in 15 minutes!

Maybe mine are older models, or the previous owner swapped motors, cause the manufacturer has them listed as 2 speed units. Only one of mine are 2 speeds, the other 2 have 3 speeds. I used 2 of them last weekend while doing a "Anytime Fitness" health club only to dry the walk in area fast before anyone walked in. Otherwise, I rarely use them on residentials, unless there is upholstery or anything else that needs to be speed dried.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I carry 2 on the truck at all times and have 3 at the house. I don't do floods but I like them for upholstery & carpet drying . I will occasionally do a small ac leak but that's about it. I'm a little surprised that I'm not the only one that does not do floods. Everybody here does them, even guys with portables.

Gene

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
I got some original BLUES from Lloyds of Omaha.

Anybody else got any? ...LOL

We have a couple we still use in the shop that are from before LLoyd moved to Omaha. They're metal and wood, made from furnace blowers. They're blue too.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I was trying to compare the air movers.

Phoenix Cam Pro 2700 cfm - 2.4 amps/low 2.8 amps/high. $280.00

Turbo:

Sahara E Turbo - 2250 cfm - 7.2 amps $260.00
Sahara Pro X3 Turbo - 2700 cfm - 3 amps/low, 3.5amps/med, 4 amps/high $330.00
Sahara Pro HD Turbo - 3500 cfm - 10 amps $380.00

Prices from Interlink, Couldn't find the Cam Pro on Jondon. They probably haven't updated the site yet.

Is it fair to compare the Cam Pro's w/ the X3's for highest cfm's and lowest amps?
Has anyone compared them yet?

Could you get 5 Cam Pros on a 15 amp circuit? I know it's cutting close.

kmdineen

Name
Kevin Dineen
Bill, it's my understanding the centrifugal (snail) air mover CFM is measured with out the roto molding cover. The actual CFM is usually about 1/2 of the rated CFM. That is why I use my Phoenix Focus axial air movers most of the time. The snails do direct air to a smaller spot better than the axial.
Putting five 2.4 amp air movers on a 15 amp circuit is fine as long as there is no other amp draw on that circuit and you keep them on low. The amp continuous load should be 80% of capacity.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Thanks Kevin.

I wasn't aware that was how it was measured. Good to know.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom