How many clients are in your client base?

tim

I was doing some planning for growth for the next year and wondering how many clients I needed to acquire to stay booked 12 months a year. The way I figure, it would take 400-500 clients booking every 12 months. I know some book more often, some less often so that is the average. I know some of you clean 2 bedrooms and get $500 but for the average midwestern cleaner whose average job is $250-$300, I guess about 2 to 3 jobs a day, 5 days a week, 52 weeks a year. For a single truck, do you guys have more or less? Curious what number to strive for in the next couple of years. SA's need not respond

A

anspach

when you plan - don't plan for 52 weeks - but deduct any potential days off (vacation, sick, personal ,etc) - I actually plan for 230 productive days per year then factor how much I need to earn per day for those days worked.

So if you want to make $150,000 per year you need to make about $652 per day for 230 days

Becker

Name
Becker
I shoot for 600 jobs per year. Give or take 50. At 535 for 2007 right now.

Some clients I see or do work for weekly, bi weekly, monthly, yearly, bi yearly.
Their house, their rentals, realtor work billed to the realtor.
I have a lot of clients I clean for 3-4 times per year.

You are gunna have turn over, People move, die, have a change of income, or life style.

About 350-450 active clients should keep ya busy. Seeing the avg client 1.5 times per year.

TimP

Right now I shoot for a profit......or as many jobs as I can get. I would think 500-600 jobs a year would be a good start especially if they average out to 150+ However if you get real busy you should be around 4-500 a day depending how much you need to make it where you live. Where I'm at this would be wonderful. Where Mikey lives this would be just making ends meet.....

Mikey P

Administrator
I think you should have titled this thread "How many clients are in your customer base"?

Clients being loyal repeats that you shouldn't have to worry about losing.

Scott Hayward

I'm thinking about moving to Vancouver, WA with a RV 360, a smile on my face, no baseball cap, and no cussing in my vocabulary to get my magic 500 clients a year.

Sorry to hijack a thread,

Scott

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
I have around 350 in my database that I mail to regularly, plus I do alot of move outs and a few rentals. I stay booked out a week and a half to 2 weeks all year, but we don't have the winter slow down that the up north guys have. My idea of being booked is only 2 jobs a day. 3 if they are small jobs and during the spring and early summer.

I work at a leisurely pace, life's too short to rush all day. I like to get home early and spend time with the wife and little girl.

hogjowl

Idiot™
That's my idea of being "booked" too Jim, and I have followed your idea of business for almost 20 years. It works fine.

Until you have a child that decides he (or she) wants to be in business with you.

Becker

Name
Becker
Scott the question will be. Shorts or pants?

Most days I start my 1st job at 9am. And often home at or before 4pm, about the same time Alex gets home.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
The nice thing about doing mailouts every so often is to weed out your client list, to keep it accurate.
I've had more than 50 newsletters returned from my last mailout, everything from refused to moved. Mailed out about 933.
I can only clean about 450 jobs a year , maxed out at a good pace, 45 weeks, 5 days per week, 2 jobs per day. Then just keep increasing your job ave.

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
306 just Chinese Restaurants...
269 just Dun-kins...
Then come slews of others...
At least 80 pizza places alone...

To say the least after 21 years,lots and lots...

Now residential,we are happy with less then 600 a year...

Most I will do is 2 per day...If that,depending on the amount per job...

Amount in terms of square footage or pieces of Uph...That is...

But 37 Apt complexes alone...Enough to keep me Dizzy...

Filling up right now for 3 fast food restaurants ,very soon tonight...Got the keys in my pocket...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom