How many corner guards on your truck?

Name
steve snail
Never ceases to amaze me that I have 50k in the driveway all shined up and I get most of my referrals from the 70 bucks worth of (7) corner guards I take into the house.

Bob Foster

Speaking of protection stuff how many have shipping blankets or something like that for front doorways etc...?

Name
steve snail
Ditto on the door thingy. Have a couple of painters tarps 4x20 for the entry and a 12x15 for furniture and rug cleaning in home.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
6 corner guards

3 ........3ft by 20 ft.tarps for hard wood floors and other problem areas....

4 bath mats (blue) that I lay down in the door ways for when I come off the carpet onto the tile.....

-JB-

Name
JB
It's amazing how just mentioning bath mats can make a merely competent cleaner appear extraordinary!

It's been a while, I just had to! :wink:
Good idea none the less.

G

I got the bath mat idea a few years ago at SFS. JonDon sells the plain white version pretty cheap and they hold up. I think I bought about 10 and am still on the same batch several years later.

I don't always use them, but they're nice when needed. It rains here about once a year, so all we track in is dust.

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
10 corner guards in the Vortex (5 for each guy) 2 throw rugs
5 corner guards in the box truck, 1 throw rug

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
Ya the bath mat idea is pretty cool.

Instead of movers blankets, which don't look so great, you can pick up pretty nice canvas tarps with waterproofing on the back @ Sherwin Williams for between 15 to 30 bucks depending on size.

Name
Lee Stockwell
We use lots of white towels, very versatile!

However the corner guards just proved redundant, because we never drag hoses around corners, a pet peeve.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Lee Stockwell said:
We use lots of white towels, very versatile!

However the corner guards just proved redundant, because we never drag hoses around corners, a pet peeve.

This is me on both counts white towels and I always lay out the hose. I do have 3 corner guards on the truck but rarely break them out. Maybe I should use the corner guards just for the impression it might leave despite the fact I don't drag the hoses around corners. :?

R

R W

3 guards.....and I use Johnny Boys round, white pads. Man, those pads impress the customers.....I don't know why. And hose hooks for the steps. Actually, greenie gave me a neat Velcro hose strap with no metal hooks. That impresses the custys, too.

But I still ain't wearing no TIES!!!!!!

Greenie

Corner guards are just as much for show as protection, EVERYONE notices them and comments. It's a good idea to put some vinyl lettering on them with your add on services "Ask about ScotchGard" "Yes we clean furniture too" etc...

One of the ideas I liked the best was putting some non-skid on a few of the corner guards to stay put better on tile floors, and some industrial hook side of velcro for the ones placed on carpet, both help.

I also liked the thin roll up carpeted matting runners with rubberized bottoms for non-slip use. Lots of places a 10' runner is ideal, if not 5 of them.

All this stuff adds up to charge a premium price. Customers don't care how much you know, til they know how much you care.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I use 4 x 6 pure wool oriental rugs (without the fringe). I keep about $2000 worth on each van. I send them to a local dry cleaner to clean after each use. I had custom diamond inlaid corner guards built out of melamine impregnated plastic at a cost of $150 each. I make sure all my guys have at least 20. Combine these sales tools with my usual custom packaged full house, pressurized air dusting and you can easily see how I get $4.50 per sf to clean.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
3 corner guards. No mats.

Greenie, I like the lettering idea for the guards. I just may try that. Probably as good a chance of that as Kirk actually using the mats he has.

Matt King

6 guards on the truck. A couple of scuffed up corners from your vac hose will put you in check real quick... Always use guards.

Name
BradFenstermaker
3 guards used to be 4 until I left one. Need order another couple sets.

I use diapers or white towels for stepping off damp carpet.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
7 GUards and 3 moving blankets.
The blankets look nice, new blue ones, $5 each, impresses them with just that. I had some guards made up at a sheet metal shop, then put weather stripping on the back to cushion it against the wall.

Lots of great ideas here, the bath mats, the signage on the corner guards, velcro hook to keep the guards in place.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
No guards, I use carwash hose but I too like Greenie's idea. about 20' of the Sherwin William tarp. John's pads for walk offs and booties if they're watching. Door stopper and those foam twists to hold the hose on stairs.

Albert

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Bath mats can be a good idea. But, some bath mats can bleed.

You might want to do a color test on them before using

Trevor Truitt

You got my brain turning now. I think I am going to pick up 15 and stick them on every corner in the house from now on.

Trevor

Back
Top Bottom